No announcement yet.

MGM Announces New Original Series "Stargate Origins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I have 3 real life friends, and 1 imaginary one.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

HEY!!!
      I'm not imaginary
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Neither am I. I'm just an all powerful bacon deity
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Not imaginary, just delusional
          sigpic

Comment

That's called jealousy
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              That's called jealousy
              Bah, I have your heart in a jar, you had to sell it to me to get your bacon.
              sigpic

Comment

Id do anything for more bacon
                Jelgate is right

Comment

But I already have what I wanted, you will need to find a new............ attorney for that
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    HEY!!!
                    I'm not imaginary
                    No, you are most certainly not imaginary...

Virtual friends are plenty and more than I can count.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                      I still think the best we can hope for is: this completely fails, MGM considers the franchise dead, cuts its losses and decides to sell the franchise on.
                      In all likelyhood, MGM would shelve the series and we're looking at another 10+ years before anything new starts. Like i said years ago, if SGU failed it meant the series would be shelved. Some people hoped like you did, but when SGU was cancelled so was the entirety of stargate. If SGO fails, then MGM will indeed cut their losses, but they'll just shelve it for future use, probably until some legal obligation to make a show out of it (say, because copyright or branding licenses run out).

Comment

As much as I love Stargate I don’t know if it has enough name recognition to get anyone that could do it justice a good reason to buy it

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                          As much as I love Stargate I don’t know if it has enough name recognition to get anyone that could do it justice a good reason to buy it
                          I think it does have the weight and with that, MGM is calculating surely as well as the fact that the time since the last SG was long, even though some people did not like SGU all too much.
                          I do not say it is a bad thing to be hyped for SG:O and wanting to watch it, but as much as I have seen and read so far, it is more the name that's supposed to make fans love it than the quality

Comment

I hope Origins does well and doesn’t mess the continuity up too much. I really think mgm has plans to move forward if this succeeds. So, I’ll pay the $20 and check it out. I’ve spent more on dumber stuff over the years...lol

Comment

I had to dust off the old computer when I saw that MGM was willing to spend money on the franchise again.

I remember when SGA was first detailed...I remember the negative backlash it got.

I remember when SGU was announced...people called it Stargate: 90410, and admittedly, it had to grow on me....but it eventually did.

And here...close to 10 years later...my favorite franchise is rumbling again, rumbling when I was convinced it was dead and gone.

I, for one, am extremely excited for Origins. Because, at the end of the day, seeing the Ol'Orifice standing there again...that's gonna be quite a sight.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                                I hope Origins does well and doesn’t mess the continuity up too much. I really think mgm has plans to move forward if this succeeds. So, I’ll pay the $20 and check it out. I’ve spent more on dumber stuff over the years...lol
                                But that's the thing -- you are paying 20 dollars for what most fans won't get to see. MGM will only be interested in the numbers for the 1st 20 minutes because so far those are the only ones free for all. Those will represent the "garnering interest"-part. The other 80 minutes will have a fixed audience, assuming every premium account will stream the episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X