Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Origins the name of the new TV show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Geo-delay?
    Are you talking about region blocks? That's what I read in GW main site. Darren posted the press release, it mentioned that they are working on international something for it.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

And they say I'm Mr. Negative.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Are you talking about region blocks? That's what I read in GW main site. Darren posted the press release, it mentioned that they are working on international something for it.
        I'm more than familiar with region-blocking (unfortunately -- hence why I know it can be circumvented). I just hadn't heard about the delay -- don't know exactly what that's supposed to be about. Is it like Game of Thrones, where you can watch like a day later?
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          If you recall how big of a issue I think Star Trek Discovery is facing with it's paywall issue,
          Fortunately for the future of Trek, that's only an issue for US viewers. CBS All Access isn't a thing for the rest of us, and the international sales/licensing (we all get it either on TV or on Netflix) has already paid for the show's production.

Geo-delay?
          When it's available in location A at one time, but it doesn't broadcast/release in other regions till days/weeks/months later.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm more than familiar with region-blocking (unfortunately -- hence why I know it can be circumvented). I just hadn't heard about the delay -- don't know exactly what that's supposed to be about. Is it like Game of Thrones, where you can watch like a day later?
            Maybe they are doing language stuff. What language do you speak again? Let's call it Dutch for no real ulterior motive/reason here. They might be working on getting it in Dutch. But that won't explain any delays in the Anglo countries.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

And they say I'm Mr. Negative.
              No you're not. That's my name
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Fortunately for the future of Trek, that's only an issue for US viewers. CBS All Access isn't a thing for the rest of us, and the international sales/licensing (we all get it either on TV or on Netflix) has already paid for the show's production.
                Oh right, I forgot about that. Non-American Netflix is cooler....defeats the purpose of being a "Superpower" if we can't reap the benefits >.>
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

yes, but say out here where they do that with GOT, in that few hour window, it's out on the net and watched already.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    yes, but say out here where they do that with GOT, in that few hour window, it's out on the net and watched already.
                    Lets be honest. If their is a delay most of the international community will pirate it like they always do
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Lets be honest. If their is a delay most of the international community will pirate it like they always do
                      that's what I mean Jel, we are just well known for it.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I just don't see how this is going to do anything to help MGM and further the franchise. Putting this thing on their own subscription service is just not going to work.

Comment

We really don't know exactly what will and will not require subscription.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grinspoon View Post
                            MGM decided they could make money with their own Stargate subscription service. However as the only people who'd ever sign up for it already own the show on home media, they have thrown together a cheap web series to entice them to sign up.
                            ^ This. Just look at who's involved - they got a bunch of absolute no-names to create this thing. This isn't going to be a "proper" new Stargate series at all, but a low-budget, little-to-no regards to quality "let's just throw something together" type series of web videos.

And the worst part is, if we the fans don't support it, MGM will conclude that there's no interest in Stargate anymore and kill the franchise again.

The wait for Stargate's revival continues (this sure as hell isn't it), but I'm actually less hopeful now than I was 24 hours ago.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                              ^ This. Just look at who's involved - they got a bunch of absolute no-names to create this thing. This isn't going to be a "proper" new Stargate series at all, but a low-budget, little-to-no regards to quality "let's just throw something together" type series of web videos.

And the worst part is, if we the fans don't support it, MGM will conclude that there's no interest in Stargate anymore and kill the franchise again.

The wait for Stargate's revival continues (this sure as hell isn't it), but I'm actually less hopeful now than I was 24 hours ago.
                              Yep you kind of figured it would be crap when they said it would be 10 episodes that would be 10 minutes long each.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I'll watch this. I'll support it. I'll throw money at MGM in the hopes that one day they'll bring back Stargate for real.

But my hype level for this web series, in itself, is precisely 0.
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X