Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post The Official Stargate Podcast Launches Today!

From GateWorld:

The Official Stargate Podcast Launches Today!

MGM is celebrating Stargate fandom — and twenty years of Stargate SG-1 — with the launch of a brand new podcast.

"The Official Stargate Podcast" makes its debut today, with promises of in-depth discussion, special guests, and a few surprises in upcoming episodes. Have a listen at OfficialStargatePodcast.com.

Hosting the show is none other than GateWorld’s own David Read! David has been with GateWorld since 2004, contributing countless cast and crew interviews, news items, and video features as the site’s co-editor. He is a co-author of the Stargate Omnipedia and co-hosted the GateWorld Podcast, which ran weekly for five years ...

Read the Full Story >

Default Re: The Official Stargate Podcast Launches Today!

I'm only about half-way through it (I'm a commute listener to podcasts) but I'm enjoying it so far. I only really remember coming to Gateworld around Season 6/7 and sticking around ever since so it's interesting to listen to more about the backstory of the site.
    Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; August 2nd, 2017 at 04:19 AM.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Please don't ignore the expanded universe guests either. Let's get some Stargate Novels authors, people working on American Mythology's comics! Hell, even go back and get Bill McCay to talk about his alternate Stargate novels!

As an obsessed fan who learned 3D art, writing and game design because of Stargate, I hope there is room for more licensed work from fans by MGM. With the way they were talking in the podcast about the fan community, and how the latest comics were licenses, it appears that MGM is becoming more open-minded.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Please don't ignore the expanded universe guests either. Let's get some Stargate Novels authors, people working on American Mythology's comics! Hell, even go back and get Bill McCay to talk about his alternate Stargate novels!
    Excellent ideas! It'd be great to see them reach out to Avatar and Dynamite to get insight on the comics they produced too, as well as the ones that were previewed but never released.

Probie

Thoroughly enjoyed the podcast. While I am a long-time fan of Stargate, I only just recently started reading/looking online for other content beyond the shows themselves, and I absolutely love GateWorld. So thank you guys for keeping it alive so many years after the shows have aired, I feel like I am rediscovering the world of Stargate!
    Can't wait for the next podcast, and for all the cool and fun fan stories you have to share.

Thumbs up Re: The Official Stargate Podcast Launches Today!

I haven't listened to a podcast in years, and listened to this one end-to-end.

Nice work!

I arrived here because of that podcast!! I can't wait for the next one, luckily it will be tomorrow (or today, it depends on the zone). Since i'm new here i don't know, but there is a topic to talk about the episodes of the podcast in this forum? I'm a bit anxious and i'd like to chat about that with other people, facebook comments can't bring that experience.

I'm in contact with David Read, and he had mentioned on his live FB video that the second podcast will be in August.
    Star Trek: The Original Series is and always shall be my favorite Star Trek television series

searching the galaxy for a habitable home

I'm getting goosebumps listening to this podcast! This show meant so much to me growing up as it was my introduction into the world of Scifi. I can't believe the show's coming back! Can't wait! And great podcast!

Love the podcast!! I listened to it on the way home from work yesterday and grinned the whole way. I didn't really realize how much Stargate has touched and inspired me until I listened to it. Can't wait for the next episode.

Probie

When is Episode #2 coming out? Really enjoyed the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by rmiddle View Post
    When is Episode #2 coming out? Really enjoyed the first one.
    I don't know. Read said that they had two episodes to make in August, but, September started and here we are, no news, no new episodes...

Probie

The first one is great! Looking forward for the 2nd one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipol View Post
    The first one is great! Looking forward for the 2nd one.
    Same here! Does anyone know anything about the schedule for the next one?

Probie

Still nothing regarding the podcast? Have been waiting for news on it for quite a while but it appears it might have been cancelled/hushed?

Hope we get something soon. D:

They did 2 more but it appears they're on Stargate Command. Search podcast and you'll find a 2A and 2B and you can download them. They're also accessible on the browser but it's not great control - https://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds...=podcast&type=

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

And you don't need all-access to have access to them so they are a free-for-all kind of thing (unlike the Dial Home interviews).
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    SnipSnip
    Thank you! I hadn't realised anything was on there yet in regards to that, so I'd been giving it a while until I checked. Alas as there was no notice on the podcast website and no update to podcast listing elsewhere where episode 1 is, I figured something had happened.

@Falcon Horus Yeah I remember that Dial Home series. While the interviews were great that paid thing put a lot of people off and although I did pay for it, I saw them being uploaded elsewhere which, sadly was to be expected, especially seeing as not much came of them.

Thanks both! (Also I think this is good to keep up here, for future reference if anyone comes looking and is of the same wavelength of thinking I previously was.)

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by KremlinDusk View Post
    @Falcon Horus Yeah I remember that Dial Home series. While the interviews were great that paid thing put a lot of people off and although I did pay for it, I saw them being uploaded elsewhere which, sadly was to be expected, especially seeing as not much came of them.
    Unfortunately, that's what happens most of the times... especially when you deliberately cut off a large portion of your audience.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1