Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Stargate Podcast Launches Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still nothing regarding the podcast? Have been waiting for news on it for quite a while but it appears it might have been cancelled/hushed?

Hope we get something soon. D:

Comment

They did 2 more but it appears they're on Stargate Command. Search podcast and you'll find a 2A and 2B and you can download them. They're also accessible on the browser but it's not great control - https://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds...=podcast&type=
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

And you don't need all-access to have access to them so they are a free-for-all kind of thing (unlike the Dial Home interviews).
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          SnipSnip
          Thank you! I hadn't realised anything was on there yet in regards to that, so I'd been giving it a while until I checked. Alas as there was no notice on the podcast website and no update to podcast listing elsewhere where episode 1 is, I figured something had happened.

@Falcon Horus Yeah I remember that Dial Home series. While the interviews were great that paid thing put a lot of people off and although I did pay for it, I saw them being uploaded elsewhere which, sadly was to be expected, especially seeing as not much came of them.

Thanks both! (Also I think this is good to keep up here, for future reference if anyone comes looking and is of the same wavelength of thinking I previously was.)

Comment

Originally posted by KremlinDusk View Post
            @Falcon Horus Yeah I remember that Dial Home series. While the interviews were great that paid thing put a lot of people off and although I did pay for it, I saw them being uploaded elsewhere which, sadly was to be expected, especially seeing as not much came of them.
            Unfortunately, that's what happens most of the times... especially when you deliberately cut off a large portion of your audience.

Comment

I enjoyed the podcast. Quite liked having Adam on, it's nice to here someone gushing over the series. The VFX guest was interesting too. Not totally all in my bag but I enjoyed it well enough.
              sigpic

Comment

I had no idea this podcast existed, though it sounds like it may be a short-lived project. I'm going to check it out regardless. Should be a cool Monday listen.

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post
                  I had no idea this podcast existed, though it sounds like it may be a short-lived project. I'm going to check it out regardless. Should be a cool Monday listen.
                  There have been podcasts before, so I wouldn't say it's short-lived.

Comment

I think a new podcast was released... At least, I saw a mention for it two days ago, I think.

Comment

https://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds...5c1ccb055def7b

Here you go.

The Official Stargate Podcast: 3 - Backstage on Stargate Origins
                      David and special guest co-host Dean Newbury of The Prop Block pay a visit to the set of Stargate Origins during production and discuss their early reactions. Later, they join up with Stargate Command's editor-in-chief Kieran Dickson to discuss buzz surrounding the project, and cap off the show with a visit from Stargate Origins actor, Daniel Rashid!
                      sigpic

Comment

That's worth having a listen to. A few notes of interest - the Gate is a blend of movie and SG1. No narrative reason given, just an aesthetic thing, likely to bridge the movie to the show.

They reckon if you're really into the lore and go in with an open mind (not already determined to hate it) you'll enjoy the series.
                        sigpic

Comment

...the Gate is a blend of movie and SG1.
                          I literally had to read that 3 or 4 times for it to register in my brain... I literally couldn't get a connection.
                          I clearly need coffee.

Comment

That's worth having a listen to. A few notes of interest - the Gate is a blend of movie and SG1. No narrative reason given, just an aesthetic thing, likely to bridge the movie to the show.

They reckon if you're really into the lore and go in with an open mind (not already determined to hate it) you'll enjoy the series.
                            Being really into the lore and going in with an open mind is a paradox. I'm into the lore, which makes me see all the little details (especially after having tried to create many, many 3D models and eventually seeing the gate with every pixel).

Besides that, both the film and SG-1 gates have 39 symbols, yet the Origins gate has 36. Not much of a blend. And it also looks too much like the film version. The only thing that's even remotely close to the SG-1 gate is that the glyphs are "on" the ring instead of engraved, but they barely stand out without contrast.

Even so, blending two designs isn't a bridge. It just creates yet another version besides those that already exist. It's like the Klingons in ST DSC. Yet another version that only makes things more confusing and split than it already was. They should've picked one version, and since Origins is supposed to be in the same continuity as SG-1, it should have been the SG-1 gate. Simple. Would've saved time instead of having to design a new version, and everyone would be happy.

Comment

Working...
                            X