Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Stargate Podcast Launches Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From GateWorld:

MGM is celebrating Stargate fandom — and twenty years of Stargate SG-1 — with the launch of a brand new podcast.

"The Official Stargate Podcast" makes its debut today, with promises of in-depth discussion, special guests, and a few surprises in upcoming episodes. Have a listen at OfficialStargatePodcast.com.

Hosting the show is none other than GateWorld’s own David Read! David has been with GateWorld since 2004, contributing countless cast and crew interviews, news items, and video features as the site’s co-editor. He is a co-author of the Stargate Omnipedia and co-hosted the GateWorld Podcast, which ran weekly for five years ...

Read the Full Story >

I'm only about half-way through it (I'm a commute listener to podcasts) but I'm enjoying it so far. I only really remember coming to Gateworld around Season 6/7 and sticking around ever since so it's interesting to listen to more about the backstory of the site.
    Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 02 August 2017, 04:19 AM.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Please don't ignore the expanded universe guests either. Let's get some Stargate Novels authors, people working on American Mythology's comics! Hell, even go back and get Bill McCay to talk about his alternate Stargate novels!
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

As an obsessed fan who learned 3D art, writing and game design because of Stargate, I hope there is room for more licensed work from fans by MGM. With the way they were talking in the podcast about the fan community, and how the latest comics were licenses, it appears that MGM is becoming more open-minded.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          Please don't ignore the expanded universe guests either. Let's get some Stargate Novels authors, people working on American Mythology's comics! Hell, even go back and get Bill McCay to talk about his alternate Stargate novels!
          Excellent ideas! It'd be great to see them reach out to Avatar and Dynamite to get insight on the comics they produced too, as well as the ones that were previewed but never released.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed the podcast. While I am a long-time fan of Stargate, I only just recently started reading/looking online for other content beyond the shows themselves, and I absolutely love GateWorld. So thank you guys for keeping it alive so many years after the shows have aired, I feel like I am rediscovering the world of Stargate!
            Can't wait for the next podcast, and for all the cool and fun fan stories you have to share.

Comment

I haven't listened to a podcast in years, and listened to this one end-to-end.

Nice work!
              Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

I arrived here because of that podcast!! I can't wait for the next one, luckily it will be tomorrow (or today, it depends on the zone). Since i'm new here i don't know, but there is a topic to talk about the episodes of the podcast in this forum? I'm a bit anxious and i'd like to chat about that with other people, facebook comments can't bring that experience.

Comment

I'm in contact with David Read, and he had mentioned on his live FB video that the second podcast will be in August.

Comment

I'm getting goosebumps listening to this podcast! This show meant so much to me growing up as it was my introduction into the world of Scifi. I can't believe the show's coming back! Can't wait! And great podcast!

Comment

Love the podcast!! I listened to it on the way home from work yesterday and grinned the whole way. I didn't really realize how much Stargate has touched and inspired me until I listened to it. Can't wait for the next episode.

Comment

When is Episode #2 coming out? Really enjoyed the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiddle View Post
                          When is Episode #2 coming out? Really enjoyed the first one.
                          I don't know. Read said that they had two episodes to make in August, but, September started and here we are, no news, no new episodes...

Comment

The first one is great! Looking forward for the 2nd one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vipol View Post
                              The first one is great! Looking forward for the 2nd one.
                              Same here! Does anyone know anything about the schedule for the next one?

Comment

Working...
                              X