This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I think one of the key thing to choosing a companion is that they can look out for themselves.
    Put it at the top of the add -- very important skill: self-preservation.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Bill failed that one, but she was a good companion.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Ah well, you loose some on the way...

Comment

Really curious about the new Doctor but at the same time i kinda am Fatigued with the show.
          Which kinda already started with or at least at the end of Matt Smith.
          I do get it the Doctor Regenerates, and every so often changes companions. And its a very good concept which can keep the show fresh. But also at the same time you need to invest again in the new main characters.

Which is a double edged sword of the show, on the other hand it brings new perspective/potential. But on the other hand you need to get used to the new Dynamic of the show, and a little luck because the new cast also needs to be likeable as well.

I do like Capaldi all though maybe a bit wooden at times and need to read new scrips every season, seems very taxing on a Doctor Who show especially following up on Tennant and Smith. Who have been high energy persona's, makes it hard to cope.
          Heck i still think Eccleston is my favorite since the restart of the show.

Haven't watched all the seasons of Capaldi only the season premiers and finale, if i hear another episode is really good i will check it. Same probably will go for the Next Doctor. May see some episodes more just to see how it really goes.

As for mentioned i do think other people have similar issues or say that Tennant was their Doctor and unable to cope with the later regenerations. I get they leave a mark on you and in that way it sets a standard and anything that follows will never compare.
          Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Ah well, you loose some on the way...
            *cough* Adric *cough*
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

So far, may favorite nuWho Doctor is #9, Christopher Eccleston, and Rose was the best companion. For one brief year, the show was ideal as far as I was concerned.

David Tennant is in second place, but he took a while to grow on me, and I'm glad he had that time. But I couldn't stand the Ponds. Matt Smith came off as a wet-behind-the-ears kid, and Capaldi was ok, but nothing to write home about. 2nd banana for Companion is Clara, hands down.

Since I haven't been overly fond of recent choices, I'm hoping the sex swap will really be a different sort of deal. As for the companion, I think I'd prefer a female, but no hanky panky between them. I don't want that sort of emo from a sci-fi show.

Comment

*cough* Adric *cough*
                First there was Katrina,,,,kinda...
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

*cough* Adric *cough*
                  Oh Adric... ... that was not cool.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  As for the companion, I think I'd prefer a female, but no hanky panky between them. I don't want that sort of emo from a sci-fi show.
                  You don't want that "sort" on any show you watch, so what's new...

Comment

Oh Adric... ... that was not cool.

You don't want that "sort" on any show you watch, so what's new...
                    Not true. If I'm watching "Grey's Anatomy" or something like that, I expect that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      Not true. If I'm watching "Grey's Anatomy" or something like that, I expect that sort of thing.
                      Wait, you watched Grey's Anatomy?

Comment

Wait, you watched Grey's Anatomy?
                        A great deal of people have. I stopped watching it a season ago because there was less medical stuff and more relationship and weird twists like those on the telenovelas my mother likes to watch. I mean seriously, are all of Meredith's relatives surgeons? How many doctors can a hospital kill? And I swear they are waiting to unleash some evil twin plot somewhere...
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          A great deal of people have.
                          Yes, I'm sure. I did to, until they brought in the new bunch (pre-Lexy Grey that is).

But Annoyed -- I didn't pick him as a McDreamy watcher, or was it McSteamy... it got confusing.

Also, did anyone else see John Barrowman's Comic-Con outfit this year?
                          Celebrating the casting of Jodie, Barrowman-style.

Comment

The fact that the Doctor is now a woman really seems like it will impact this character less than it would many others, IMO.

1) The Doctor is one of the least traditionally masculine heroes in most shows.
                            2) He is generally indifferent to women romantically
                            3) He doesn't use stereotypical male macho characteristics and is rather quirky.
                            4) The Master to Missy is an example of this working for other Time Lords. I think I preferred Missy and the main reason is how well Michelle Gomez pulled of the role. Michelle was\is excellent in that role.
                            5) I really can't think of any (or many) times the Doctor being male impacted the show much at all

So whether the 13th Doctor is a success or not has nothing to do with (in my mind) his\her gender but has everything to do with Jodie Whitakker. Best of luck to her!
                            sigpic

Comment

Not having any "hanky panky" is one of thie things I enjoyed MOST about the Classic Series. It was refreshing to be able to watch a show where a good chunk of the plots would be put down to Trouser Issues, sadly the Nu Series gos into that area more and more.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

Some people say that the Time Traveler's Wife is a story about a (middle aged) time traveler grooming a (young) girl...

Then Doctor Who gives us Rose and Amy... both of whom to some extent could draw parallels with the above story.

Suffice to say in particular - I *hated* the cuckold approach they took with the Doctor / Amy / Rory storyline. Probably a major reason I struggled to watch that Doctor.

Rose / 10 was kind of saved during the initial season by the fact that the Doctor did show restraint... but then she kept bloody well coming back!

Even my non-fan wife has said that they couldn't keep Bill with the new Doctor. Ultimately though it doesn't matter what gender or sexual preference the companion/s may have - they simply shouldn't go there with any Doctor. Missy said it herself -

MISSY: Time Lords are friends with each other, dear. Everything else is cradle-snatching.
                                Last edited by cosmichobo; 28 July 2017, 03:59 PM.
                                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X