This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EricG View Post
    The Time Lady will have a Sonic Penis, like most Time Lords did before. It continues the Order of Phallic Supremacy that began with the spear and sword, and more recently the torpedo, V-2, and ICBM.

Does size still matter?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I am betting "She" will be more of a Dr. Mary WHO.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        I am betting "She" will be more of a Dr. Mary WHO.
        Well... Yeah... Since the Doctor has always been a Mary Stu.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Well... Yeah... Since the Doctor has always been a Mary Stu.
          ??? Confused. Are you guys just being sarcastic? The Doctor barely had to be saved.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            ??? Confused. Are you guys just being sarcastic? The Doctor barely had to be saved.
            Sarcasm is strong in many of us.

Comment

Really??
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

BSG survived Starbucks and Boomer being cast with females in the reboot.
                Star Trek survived a female captain

Dr Who will survive a female doctor.

For every person that declares how much they hate it and wont' watch, there is someone that was sick of the perpetual male casting that now finds the show interesting.

At the end of the day, the quality of the writing and stories will determine the show's success....not the gender of its star
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  BSG survived Starbucks and Boomer being cast with females in the reboot.
                  Star Trek survived a female captain

Dr Who will survive a female doctor.

For every person that declares how much they hate it and wont' watch, there is someone that was sick of the perpetual male casting that now finds the show interesting.

At the end of the day, the quality of the writing and stories will determine the show's success....not the gender of its star
                  Have al the green Sky!
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    And I think that's what's so different with Who -- they are not writing for a female character, they have to write the Doctor -- same character, just different actor.

I sure will be back -- just have to struggle myself through 12's time.

Comment

I will concur that the writing will make or break this casting. Capaldi, IMO, was the best actor to have been casting in the role for decades. Sadly, his writers let him down constantly. I do hope that Whitaker is given some really strong stories that play to her strengths.

Writing for WHO though - you cannot take the view that you're just writing for the character of the Doctor. Prime examples of this show through at the start of several Doctor's eras, when the stories were in fact originally intended for their predecessors, and/or written without knowing who this new Doctor really was. McCoy's first season reflects this heavily.
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

Well, true... each Doctor comes with its own quirks and traits, but it's not about his/her gender. That's what I meant to say.

Comment

My hope is that (aside from getting some brilliant writing, brilliant enemies, good solid action adventure sci-fi drama) the new Doctor's gender gets zero mention. My anal mind can at least then reconcile the gender swap with the Extended Universe, in which it's been pretty well established that Time Lords do not reproduce "naturally" (hence becoming essentially asexual).

Problem with that, I guess, is comments like "Memorise this face, because you'll be shaving it one day" etc giving precedence...
                          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                          and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                          X