• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate at sdcc

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...mes-sdcc-2017/

Any theory's?
    http://variety.com/2017/digital/news...eo-1202019734/

According to this article:
    "At MGM, Toles will oversee efforts to leverage EXISTING MGM intellectual property — and create new IP — for digital platforms, working with the studio’s theatrical, scripted, unscripted and distribution teams."

From sdccblog:
    http://sdccblog.com/2017/06/stargate...mic-con-panel/

"There will be exclusive news, sneak peeks, and giveaways — so come ready to embark on a new journey."

Pretty exciting stuff.

this may be the second post. Sorry, just excited.

Also whoever this person is stargate consultant and editorial director Kieran Dickson will be there as well.

The sneak peaks are most likely comic related if you ask me.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Could be although i thought the comics were in a grayish area about being cannon since none of the original story writers were involved. Assume the worst and hope for the best.

Comment

I don't see why it would matter if it is cannon or not.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Canon or not it's still new Stargate content. I'm thinking of it as partially canon until swayed otherwise by new screen content. I'm just excited to see new Stargate "talk" even if it's not what we all hope. At the very least maybe this event at the SCCC will show MGM and others there is still a fan base out there with excitement for something new on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Madcrazycats View Post
            Could be although i thought the comics were in a grayish area about being cannon since none of the original story writers were involved. Assume the worst and hope for the best.
            That's called fanon. To aretood's point, why should it matter? Take if for entertainment to continue the story even if its not canon. Look at Star Trek. Are the games and books less entertaining to read or play because its not official?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes i understand that desperation breeds complacency(in regards to canon vs fan made and lets just accept anything that's made), however the topic is Stargate being at San Diego comic con after such a long time. But for a sci fi fan to say that canon shouldn't/doesn't matter is pretty crazy imo. If a set story being canon is just changed by any person than why even tell said story if anyone can write it and put it online? Are you just trolling saying canon doesn't matter, lol seriously.

Comment

Even MGM has revamped their official website in anticipation of the SDCC event. The Stargate page has a notice about an announcement and a sign up for an alert when the "Stargate is activated!" It really looks like some sort of big announcement is possible. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Madcrazycats View Post
                  Yes i understand that desperation breeds complacency(in regards to canon vs fan made and lets just accept anything that's made), however the topic is Stargate being at San Diego comic con after such a long time. But for a sci fi fan to say that canon shouldn't/doesn't matter is pretty crazy imo. If a set story being canon is just changed by any person than why even tell said story if anyone can write it and put it online? Are you just trolling saying canon doesn't matter, lol seriously.
                  My point was that media produced within the gateverse does not require canon status vs non-canon status to be presented by gateverse affiliated personal at a convention and for such things to matter to fans. Thing of Pre-Disney Star Wars Expanded Universe material. Non of that was actually canon, but it was treated as subcanon (or different levels of canon) by the people who made canon media. The difference today is that all Post-Disney purchase media is 100%
                  canon.

As for the complacency thing? It's no different than me being excited over an expansion for the totally non-canon MMO "The Old Republic" in the Star Wars universe. Yes we do get plenty of Canon Star Wars stuff in books, games, and so on...but that doesn't mean that the non-canon stuff isn't fun and entertaining and still true to the franchise. Same goes for all the pre-disney expanded universe. It's still fun and fulfilling reading those books, and playing those games and watching that Clone Wars cartoon that was not canon at all.

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
                  Even MGM has revamped their official website in anticipation of the SDCC event. The Stargate page has a notice about an announcement and a sign up for an alert when the "Stargate is activated!" It really looks like some sort of big announcement is possible. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.
                  MGM? That's interesting. I was hoping for a game or maybe official novels/stories signed off by the likes of Brad Wright and Mazzolli (sp?). Would that sort of thing be on a tv/movie studio website?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

i found this topic on a Legion m forum " Welcome to the Stargate Workgroup! ".
                    in the topic there are some posts from Jeff Annison the co-founder of legion m about a potential opportunity regarding stargate, the topic started back in november 2016.

Legion M has an interesting potential opportunity brewing (the operative word is POTENTIAL so please don't get too excited just yet) with this property. To prepare and give ourselves the best shot at making something happen, we wanted to gather the members of the Legion who are fans of the movies/shows and ask some questions. We also thought it might be a fun chance to create a small focused community within the broader Legion M community.
                    I've been BLOWN away at the response to this topic. I had no idea there was so much Stargate love in our midst. We'll keep everybody informed as things develop. As I mentioned in my post, it's super early which means it's a bit of a longshot. But based on the response here we'll push as hard as we can!

Quick update: Not much official to report yet, but this is effort is very much alive and we are still exploring. It appears the movies are backburnered (I don't know anything there that the rest of the world doesn't already know), but there may be some interesting opportunities for us to work with MGM on some fan related activities.

Of course our ultimate goal is to be part of bringing SG back--whether it be in film, TV, web-series, or whatever. Even a board game or comic book could be interesting. Will be interesting to see how everything develops. I'll be sure to report back here when we've got more info.
                    from an investor on their forum:
                    Phone call with MGM Consultant today for over an hour! Very positive things down the road for MGM and Stargate and Legion M. Think things are moving in the right direction... more to come guys the adventure is not over! Stay on the forums and stay tuned for more news!

Comment

I'm an investor of Legion M. This sounds very promising for Stargate!

Comment

Can someone explain Legion M to me? And how it could be involved with SG?
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Hi ScifigirlSG, i just learned of the existence of legion M from the art. on the main page about the SDCC news, do you mind telling us a bit about your experience with legion M and what they are and can do in regard to the stargate franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            Can someone explain Legion M to me? And how it could be involved with SG?
                            on the article Stargate Heads Back To San Diego Comic-Con on Gateworld they mention that the panel will be hosted by Damian Beurer (Legion M), they are a apparently fan based company but i hope ScifigirlSG could share some more info on them.

ps: since i am on probie status my apologies in case my post arrive after they are already replied to or asked by someone else.

Comment

This is the current state of the official Stargate website right now.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X