• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stormborn (702)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SEVEN
    STORMBORN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 702
    Daenerys rallies her allies for a daring campaign across Westeros, leaving Jon Snow uncertain of whether to answer her summons. Sam sets his mind to trying to cure Ser Jorah of greyscale, and Arya receives news that could change her course. Meanwhile, Euron Greyjoy seeks to secure a prize for Cersei.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 29 July 2017, 12:49 AM.

Why must they insist on using their worst director for this season? He's awful, and he's directing next week's episode too.
    sigpic

Comment

One thing I liked about this episode is all the minor character development.
      Such as the scene between grey worm and the girl (whose name escapes me)

Now the battle? Disorganized mess.

That said, interesting for THeon. I know his sister thinks he abandoned her but he did all he could...had he charged in to rescue her Euron would have slit her throat. BY jumping overboard he removed that bit of sadistic fun.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Not happy with the North. They make Jon King, then challenge every decision he makes.
        Not happy Littlefinger is still at Winterfell.
        Seeing Arya & the wolves I think she has telepathy with them, like Bran, but does not realise it yet. Could be something that develops during the series.
        And talking of wolves, wonder where Ghost has got to?
        Arya is heading to Winterfell, Jon is leaving Winterfell to go to Dragonstone. Will Jon & Arya ever get to be in the same place at the same time?
        I wonder what Arya will do with Littlefinger when (& if) she gets to Winterfell.
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

the Sand b****es got that they deserved & it looks like the surviving Sands are in for some spanish inquisition style treatment at the hands of Cersei's zombie servant
          never liked Yara either

Qyburn's "answer" to the dragon problem is disappointing (mere crossbows? hopefully it will have no effect on the armor of fully grown dragons & they'll have to turn to something more original)

I would've expected Dany to punish or at least banish the Dornish once she learnt what the Sands had done to Trystan & Myrcella
          Olenna didn't appear to mind that either but her attitude at least can be somewhat explained by her being driven mad at the loss of her entire bloodline

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
          Seeing Arya & the wolves I think she has telepathy with them, like Bran, but does not realise it yet. Could be something that develops during the series.
          And talking of wolves, wonder where Ghost has got to?
          Ghost probably still at Winterfell & Nymeria at least remembers Arya

Ghost & Nymeria are the only Stark direwolves left so they better not kill anymore doggies
          Last edited by SoulReaver; 26 July 2017, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Yes and no on the challenging. One reason Cersei is hated is because she's absolute in her power. She rules them with an iron fist and they hate it....Jon rules by concensus which allows them to accept him and his decisions and makes rebellion less likely.

I think Dany is at the point of accepting almost any alliances, but is at least smart enough to know their loyalty is or can be fleeting. RIght now she's in favor because 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' and they all hate Cersei. BUt that could change and Dany seems aware of it and only trusts so far.

I thought the same thing with Arya and Jon....will they pass each other on the road? OR will she get to Winterfell to find him gone and yeah, her interactions with LIttlefinger will be interesting. Because he has no allies there. At least Sansa is smart enough to know if Littlefinger is in love with anything it's with being king consort of the north. Hopefully Jon had time to get Brienne in the loop so she can also be a barrier (can't recall but she might already know how LIttlefinger is)

The wolf scene...well I knew the wolves were coming, just how they set that scene up. It was too open. Anyone setting up some sort of camp would choose somewhere more sheltered or near a wind break...unless you want the visual of her surrounded by wolves. Nice the Nymeria remembers her....but doesn't seem to accept her. So the wolf knows who she is and is at least leaving her alone, but also senses that she's different now. Time will tell if she comes back. (I'd love her to come back, Arya needs some backup)

Here's hoping Hotpie keeps his mouth shut about Arya being back. Her safety right now is being anonymous and dead. He gossips I can see Cersei going after her for leverage.

I really hope Sam manages to heal Jorah. I love him quietly defying the other maesters. Might get them both thrown out of the Citadel, but if he heals Jorah he has served his purpose and he can get back to Jon's side where he needs to be.

As to the dragon arrow....yeah, well, shooting a stable skull is nothing to shooting and hitting a flying and flame throwing live dragon. Unless they manage to make dozens of those giant crossbows I would imagine they'd have a limited effect. A gun is useless if you can't hit the target.

I am kinda liking this putting the pieces into play. At least something is happening.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The reunion with the direwolf and Arya was awesome, but it was sas to see them part ways. What was good is that she is now on her way back north and little finger is probably on her list. I can't help but thin that one of these days she will find someone familiar and it will be the man without a name to punish her for leaving.

Best character so far, Sam. He has been awesome in both episodes.
              "I swallowed a bug" River

Comment

Working...
              X