• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragonstone (701)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SEVEN
    DRAGONSTONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 701
    With enemies on all sides Cersei looks for new allies in the battles to come, while Samwell seeks to gain access to the secrets of the maesters inside the Citadel. Jon and Sansa disagree about how to reunite the North, and Daenerys arrives at the Targaryen ancestral home of Dragonstone.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 19 July 2017, 10:51 AM.

Pretty good start to the season. Quite a lot of setup for the next few episodes and a bit to speculate on too!

Comment

Yes, sort of 'the calm before the storm'. The battle lines are being drawn, who is with whom.

I did not see Ayria's revenge coming, although as soon as I saw Waldo standing there, & giving away wine I guessed what was next. But I thought Aria had moved on straight after getting her revenge on Waldo.

Not sure what the hound, Beric & his cohorts place will be in all this. Good to see the hound has a vivid imagination, I saw nothing in the flames.

Bring on the next episode I say.
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I had an idea with arya just when Walter wouldn't drink and the line about 'all the Freys'
        So good on her. seems she'll be the wild card for a while at least.

So we have bad zombies, wight walkers, good zombies, Clangor and his companions, the last of the Lannisters, the people of the North and Dany's folks

And Dany is sitting on top of a huge hoard of Dragonstone, which will be vital to stop the wight walkers, but Sam is the only one that knows that at the moment.

So it's very likely that it can come down to 'we fight amongst ourselves or we fight the wights'

I can see Dany and Jon seeing the bigger threat... Cersei.....well she's crackers so can't count on her for anything but chaos. I have a funny feeling Jamie may have to add fratricide to his list of 'accomplishments'
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I guessed Arya pretty early on. What do you guys think of the Ed Sheeran cameo?

Comment

It fit. It was a cameo but not a 'center of attention let's put a useless scene around you' cameo

I did wonder about Arya stopping for the soldiers. Being the only woman surrounded b y that many men I'd be spooked. But either she got a vibe from them that she could trust them or she's confident enough in her abilities to protect herself. (or we'll get a very nasty surprise next week, but I didn't get that vibe from them so I don't think so)

sigpic

Comment

I was a little surprised with the scene with 'Walder' and wondering if we were going back in time, before 'he' started speaking and I realized it was Arya. Have to say, I thought she was making them all drink Walder's blood and they'd spew it out before she'd kill them (somehow, maybe set the place on fire or something) but it was simply poisoned wine. I was expecting her to tell the girl that she was Arya Stark, but 'the North remembers' works too.

Sansa and little Lady Mormont had some great lines tonight. I agreed with Jon though about Sansa's interference. She made him look like an idiot and if she wants him to take her seriously, she should talk about such things before they go public with announcements. Also, while I understand her reasoning, his is smarter as those two families are bound to still have people who can fight for them and they need every body to fend off the white walkers. And if he removed the families and their people and put others in their place, then another place would be empty and they'd be down some bodies.

I was wondering when someone was going to tell Jon and Sansa that Bran is back, though. Was kinda expecting it. But if they do, would he be expected to become King of the North instead of Jon or they did choose Jon because of his work rather than his 'father'? And would Bran accept even as three-eyed raven?

I'm also still worried about the consequences of Bran crossing the wall after the Night's King touched him. For a moment I feared the wall would start cracking or something.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I agree with Sansa. I know she must be sick and tired of being submissive or appearing that way, but she shoudl be smart enough to know yeah, true power isn't always obvious but just there. Her being equal to Jon will be real, but she can't disagree with him in public. HOneastly they shoudl have discussed how to handle things before the meeting.

I do agree with Jon, if they are to survive the winter they have to leg go of old issues and. move forward.

On the other hand, having been betrayed by so many, I can totally get Sansa's distrust and intolerance of betrayer.

As to Bran, well I'd wonder if having his 'sight' disqualifies him from being king, or being paralyzed and the impotence that usually entails would accomplish the same thing. He'd be a king with no heirs.
                NOt to mention a particularly vulnerable king unable to defend himself.

sigpic

Comment

"two good hands" Euron being Euron lol

Cersei & Euron was predictable but I imagined Cersei proposing to Euron not the other way

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    Cersei & Euron was predictable but I imagined Cersei proposing to Euron not the other way
                    I do not know how Cersei feels about Jamie now, that is if she has 'feelings' for anybody but herself, but if Cersei did the proposing in front of Jamie she might be in trouble.
                    What she does when & if she is alone with Euron is unknown.

I am surprised that Jamie seems to still be in love with Cersei after all she has done, & the tyrant she has become.
                    If it was a case of "We will be king & Queen & share the Iron Throne (or even get a second one made so we have one each)" then maybe Jamie might be OK.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                      I do not know how Cersei feels about Jamie now, that is if she has 'feelings' for anybody but herself, but if Cersei did the proposing in front of Jamie she might be in trouble.
                      What she does when & if she is alone with Euron is unknown.

I am surprised that Jamie seems to still be in love with Cersei after all she has done, & the tyrant she has become.
                      If it was a case of "We will be king & Queen & share the Iron Throne (or even get a second one made so we have one each)" then maybe Jamie might be OK.
                      won't be the first time Cersei marries for political reasons & Jaime knows it's all about politics

Comment

I think jaime's love for her is waning, quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if he adds Queenslayer to his title by the end of his season.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think also, she's his sister, as well as his lover, he's giving her the benefit of the doubt, looking through rose colored glassed.....in other words there may be a part of him that knows she's gone around the bend, there's still a part of him that isn't read to accept it. After all, other than Tyrion, she's all he has left.

sigpic

Comment

very doubtful he'll kill her (I'd bet on Euron taking care of that)

on the other hand I can imagine Jaime reconciling with Tyrion

Comment

Jaime is almost certainly going to kill her. Remember the prophecy. Jaime is the younger twin.

Anyway I agree with Chris that their love is waning fast. Jaime never wanted the Seven Kingdoms. Never even wanted Casterly Rock. He just wanted Cersei, but that's not all Cersei wants. She loves power more than anything else, and she doesn't accept that even though she's queen she currently holds very little.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X