Archer info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archer info

ok, this is what I have ben able to find out, I am not sure how accurate it is, but this is the best I can do for now, so here it goes, according to what I found out, archer has ben cut back to 8 episodes a season, and a run of maybe 2 more seasons then that is the end of the show.

It was never "cut." During season 6 or 7 (I forget which), Adam Reed was feeling like the show had run its course and was ready to let it end. He came up with a few more ideas but didn't want to wear out the show's welcome, so they negotiated three shorter (final) seasons - he could use his ideas, not force them to run overlong to meet an artificial standard of 13 episodes, while FX would only have to pay for 24 more episodes that they can promote and sell advertising on for another three years, and we fans get ten seasons of a niche adult cartoon (virtually unheard-of). And Adam Reed gets to call it quits on his own terms, when he wants to. Everybody wins.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

well at least Jon Benjamin has a small gig still, he plays a cop who knows about the aliens that are abducting people in a small town in up state new york, on a comedy show called people of earth, it is an ok show nothing fantastic, the second season is coming up, but I don't think it will last much past that.

Last edited by epg20; 25 July 2017, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X