Actiprops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actiprops

If some people aren't aware, Actiprops is a prop maker that specializes in ZPM's and a few other things from the Stargate Franchise.

I was just curious if anyone has had any dealings with the guy who makes the props as I have been waiting going on 9 months for a ZPM when I was told that it would only be a few weeks, which was the reason that I ordered and even payed more for express shipping.

I did notice that his website went down a month or so ago and he said that it was because he was moving and was going to catch up on orders. Before he took the website down I would send him a message every few weeks to a month and he would give me an excuse about medical problems, financial problems, or just told me it will be out in the next few days but it never materialized.

I was just wondering if I should start a process of trying to get my money back or should just wait it out as I have already waited this long and I do want the ZPM, someone gave me the money for it as an early Christmas present.

Does anyone have any experience with this guy and is this the norm? He did mention, multiple times, that this past year has just been really bad for him and it is unusual for this to be happening.
    sigpic

I can't be 100 % sure, but it sounds like the same guy from whom a friend of mine ordered a ZPM, which also never arrived.

I say 9 months is a long time, too long. If I were you, I'd start on trying to get your money back. If you're looking for someone else to create you a ZPM, perhaps take a look on the Replica Prop Forum.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I agree with FH, get your money back now, that is way to long to wait
      sigpic

Comment

9 months is nothing, it took me 3 years to get mine. Over 50 e-mails sent (I still have them all) only to get back countless excuses and un-fulfilled promises of delivery. I guess I should take some of the blame for letting it run on so long but I will certainly never deal with him again. So I would advise trying to get your money back now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc0tty1962 View Post
          9 months is nothing, it took me 3 years to get mine. Over 50 e-mails sent (I still have them all) only to get back countless excuses and un-fulfilled promises of delivery. I guess I should take some of the blame for letting it run on so long but I will certainly never deal with him again. So I would advise trying to get your money back now.
          Yeah, in my numerous searching I remember reading a few posts from people the same as you, for all I know one of them may have been you.

Thanks everyone else for the comments. I know I should have researched this guy a lot more than I did but I was very excited to finally get the extra money to get one. It wasn't until about the second month that I finally noticed all the comments on FB and other places where he has told people the same thing he has told me, that it's on the way and then the person will comment a month later asking where it is.

I am also really confused by the people that mentioned super fast delivery, either he gets manic every once in a while and actually gets the stuff done or he just finally sends stuff out and people are so happy to finally get something they leave a good review.

I am a little worried about being able to get my money back as well, based on how he was talking it seems like he is broke, spending all the money before even making a product is a pretty bad business strategy.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
            I am also really confused by the people that mentioned super fast delivery, either he gets manic every once in a while and actually gets the stuff done or he just finally sends stuff out and people are so happy to finally get something they leave a good review.
            Or he doctored the reviews.
            It's known that also happens.

Comment

I ordered and paid for one of those zpm props a year ago from Phillip allen freeman from actiprops.com and after endless promises and delays it was never sent, just kept my money and ignored my emails, so fans of the franchise beware! I saw he was still taking orders and i guess also money as recent as about two months ago, i felt it was my duty to warn others.

Comment

Did you ever receive your prop from this guy?
                Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
                Yeah, in my numerous searching I remember reading a few posts from people the same as you, for all I know one of them may have been you.

Thanks everyone else for the comments. I know I should have researched this guy a lot more than I did but I was very excited to finally get the extra money to get one. It wasn't until about the second month that I finally noticed all the comments on FB and other places where he has told people the same thing he has told me, that it's on the way and then the person will comment a month later asking where it is.

I am a little worried about being able to get my money back as well, based on how he was talking it seems like he is broke, spending all the money before even making a product is a pretty bad business strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by LanteanAt View Post
                  I ordered and paid for one of those zpm props a year ago from Phillip allen freeman from actiprops.com and after endless promises and delays it was never sent, just kept my money and ignored my emails, so fans of the franchise beware! I saw he was still taking orders and i guess also money as recent as about two months ago, i felt it was my duty to warn others.
                  That website is offline. His twitter hasn't been active since 2016, nor has his Facebook. His last instagram post dates back to April 2017, something about back problems, and his LinkedIn profile refers to an old website which hasn't been updated since 2012. I think it's safe to say, if you ordered something from this guy, you're never gonna see the finished product. If you paid through paypal, you can report him and get your money back.

Comment

Not using paypal was my biggest mistake...

I've tried to message him multiple times since making that post and I have not gotten a response at all. At one point I did post on his facebook page and it said there was a reply but it disappeared before I saw it.

At this point I've even considered talking to a lawyer just to see if anything can be done, as i know I am not the only one that has been waiting.
                    sigpic

Comment

You can definitely try that.
                      Good luck though -- I hope you get your money back.

Comment

Seems to me like someone is only trying to make money

I hope you all get your money back

Comment

Any developments?

Comment

Hi all. I know these inquiries were posted some time ago but here is our situation. I had talked to multiple people late last year- most who said they never received their orders, some who received partial orders and some only one who received a refund. My husband ordered a staff weapon for which he paid $750 for THREE years ago. The first 2 years and a half were empty promises and excuses. As of January this year I have repeatedly been asking for a refund for my husband...(he has just given up) but I am not giving up because that is a lot of money and people should not be taken advantage of. I have sent private messages which he hasn't replied to at which time I resort to posting on the "Businesses" facebook page- this usually gets a response but it is always the same thing.
                            Deffinetly ask for your money back and be persistent.

Comment

Threaten legal action -- if there was a contract, and he didn't fulfill it, he's breaking it and keeping your money. I'd say that's grounds for legal action.

If there was nothing written on paper though, then the options are less in your favor.

Comment

Working...
                              X