SGU Comic hit #1 on Amazon's Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Comic hit #1 on Amazon's Charts

As of today, SGU is #1 in the short reads category, and #6 in media-tie ins category.

That's great news...can you please help keep it going, and buy your copy soon! We really want to show that this franchise has legs, but can't do it without your support! Thanks again to everybody who has bought it!

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 5.24.24 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 12.35.31 PM.jpg

(Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for this comic, I write other comics for this publisher, but as a huge booster for an SG resurgence, I'm delighted with this news, and want to encourage everyone to take part.)
    Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

That's great news!

I hope it continues to sell well.

Comment

Its headed in an interesting direction...wont give away any spoilers though. Was way shorter than I expected it to be. Hopefully the subsequent ones will be a little longer. I've never read a comic in my life but have decided to give it a try since its Stargate. Particularly because its SGU which was cancelled way too soon.

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the first issue as much as I hoped I would, I felt it spent too much time going over what happened in the final episode cutting any new content it provided in half. I also didn't feel the direction it went it would have been the direction the show would have gone in if it had continued to air on television, although that's clearly just my own opinion.

Cost me £2.39 for about a 7 minute read, the art is nice but I personally feel they could have gone with an art style which would have allowed for a much accurate depiction of the characters played in the show as a lot of the faces in many of the panels looked unfamiliar.

Again this is just my opinion and i'm sure many will fall in love with it as I have with the show itself. I wont completely dismiss it and look forward to seeing the future episodes potentially elaborate and further the story with the direction they have gone in, as currently it felt a little too 'easy' of a solution for me.

For now though I personally am hoping they chose to have the first issue be nothing more than an introduction, revealing only a snippet of their intention as far as the story goes and I look forward to reading future instalments.

Comment

Great news! Glad to hear it's doing well! I'm always curious about how well the tie-ins perform so nice to be able to track this.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Is there a way to subscribe to the series on Comixology so it automatically buys and downloads each new issue?

Comment

I am happy for the success of the comic, because it expresses how many people would like to see a closure for the story. Unfortunately the comic is pretty poor, so I doubt that most of the fans will buy a second issue.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
              X