This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats next for Stargate?

hello guys im new to gate World, and like most of you im here becouse i love sow much every episode of every series of stargate,Sg1 or Atlantis they are perfect,the actors they are perfct ,the ideea of this show it was super briliant, and i thik the show most go one right?

i am the only one who wants this show to go ahed with milions o next series? i sey , if the producers dont have money lets help, lets open an acount and raise some money for them, this show most not die.

Its a legal nightmare to do what you are suggesting
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

im sure it is, but we dint go to the moon because it was easy right? something most be done to help.

Comment

you would need to raise at least a 100 million, no campaign bar Star Citizen has raise that amount of money and even then people like Derek Smart are accusing them of cooking the books.

Then their legal issues but MGM might be willing to do a deal if you came to them with a 100 million quid in your back pocket.

Comment

I think the biggest problem is simply that there is no (influential) person who can reinvigorate the universe. Stargate has made MGM plenty of money in the past, and the current reboot trend would be favorable for stargate.

But who's going to helm the project? Stargate needs a Michael Bay or a JJ Abrahams figure, someone with a vision and some power behind their name. Star Trek was dead until JJ Abrahams recreated that interest. Transformers was made popular again by Bay.

Sure it's not the best example, but the old crew moved on (and i doubt they're willing to revisit it once more), and the even older crew tried and failed with Independence Day 2.

If such a person, a patron of the series if you will, can be found once more, it'll can be revived quite fast.

Comment

Also, this isn't Star Wars.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              As much as we all wish it was!

The fact we got what we did was testament to what a great idea it was and I will always be grateful for the 17 seasons of adventures we did get.

Given what a great concept it is, I wouldn't be surprised if Stargate is revisited at some point and I will welcome whatever comes!

Comment

Nobody heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy, but that's a success.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  Nobody heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy, but that's a success.
                  Bad example, I'm not a fan.
                  In fact, the only thing I liked about it was Groot.

Comment

Yes FH, Groot is good, but what about Rocket?
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                      Yes FH, Groot is good, but what about Rocket?
                      He's cool too, but that's it. The rest got on my nerves, and so did the story.

Comment

That's how I feel about Doctor Strange since we are talking about the MCU apparently
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          That's how I feel about Doctor Strange since we are talking about the MCU apparently
                          Wasn't impressed by the trailer so never made it to the film. Then again, I'm not really a Benedict Cumberbatch fan so if I can avoid watching him, that's a-okay.

Also, wasn't impressed with the Wonder Woman trailer so the story might not interest me much, but from what I hear the score is spectacular, and the one thing that did peek my interest were the costumes.

Comment

I don't usually trust trailers a whole lot to be honest. They can be misleading
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Also, wasn't impressed with the Wonder Woman trailer so the story might not interest me much, but from what I hear the score is spectacular, and the one thing that did peek my interest were the costumes.
                              didn't like the trailer either and eventually didn't go to the cinema. most of my friends praised it a lot. I just can't believe it!

Comment

Working...
                              X