SG-1 Unleashed explanation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 Unleashed explanation

I am trying to understand what is going on in the Stargate SG-1 Unleashed mobile game.
    Just how many different timelines and time periods do we visit there. And who is doing the time-changing?
    Or is it no longer possible to make any sense out of this game now that it has been long abandoned and forgotten?

Well...
    I'd have to go through it again but I think this takes place not too long after Martouf's death.

At the moment there are three time periods. The first was in the distant future where Earth and the SGC was overrun. O'Neill and Danie's Digi-tech glasses are flung through the gate and sent into the past. Then you have the 'current day', where they both make it to the other side. SG-1 deciphers the stuff on the digi glasses and they go to some Goa'uld controlled planet to find Sekhmet is building some machine to create solar flares so she can learn time travel. Some fighting happens, Amun get double crossed, but Sekhmet manages to go through the gate during one of the artificially made solar flares. SG-1 gets pinned cornered and has no choice but to follow. But when they go through the gate they are sent to the future (the third timeline) where Earth's being invaded by the Goa'uld.

If you want the whole timeline you'd have to piece it together but I would say it goes something along the lines of Sekhmet builds that flare machine and goes back in time and beats Earth. O'Neill and Daniel manage to use a solar flare to send some digi glasses back in time with relevant data. SG-1 in the past gets the data and begins investigating, discovering the flare machine. Sekhmet uses the flare machine to go back in time and mess up the past. SG-1 follows a little too late (Game ends) SG-1 probably finds another flare to go even further back in time and finds a way to stop her.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Shane they didn't get to finish this. SG1 video games are cursed it seems...

Comment

Great summary by the way!

Comment

I have some issue with the first scene of the game – of Sekhmet taking over that Russian. I was of the idea that it takes place in the “future”. I then questioned how she got away from Earth and into the past. (mainly due to the August 13th 1003 AD date). But thinking over the placement of the “present” time period it seems to me now that it is more likely that it happens in the “present” – at a time when the Russians operated their own Stargate program – and there is no time travel yet.

But the biggest issue is precisely with the time jump from the “present” to the “future”. You are using the excuse of an artificial solar flare. However, when the SG-1 team is trying to leave the planet the Aten device is gone. After some more adventures both Sekhmet and SG-1 leave.
          And here is the problem: Sekhmet leaves with nothing else than Amun’s jaffa and one of her Arrows. And SG-1 arrives in what apparently looks like a parallel “future” – given the Earth ships and dead Goa’uld System Lords (Yu, Cronus, Ba’al, Apophis, Ra). But this in itself is a problem – Ra’s dead body would mean that he was defeated by Sekhmet and not killed in an explosion initiated by O’Neill. But this is not possible, because if Sekhmet’s plan from the get go was to travel further into the past, she would have done so also in the past of the “bad future” timeline – meaning it would be pointless to send information to the “present”, because by that point the Goa’uld Empire would already be ruled by Sekhmet.

Somehow this particular transition does not make sense to me.

One last point, did we ever find out or is there some hint as to what the Gate of Duat is good for?

Comment

Working...
          X