• Show
Clear All

RIP Stephen Furst, 1955-2017

Oh man, the B5 curse just doesn't stop

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/17/stephe...al-house-dead/

STEPHEN FURST
    Flounder from 'Animal House'
    DEAD AT 63

Stephen Furst -- actor and filmmaker known for playing Flounder in 'Animal House' -- has died due to complications from diabetes ... TMZ has learned.

Stephen's son Nathan tells us ... his father died at his home in Ventura County, CA early Friday morning surrounded by loving friends and family. He and his brother Griff said about their dad ... "He was a beloved husband, father and kind friend whose memory will always be a blessing."

Furst battled with diabetes for years, and later became a spokesperson for the American Diabetes Association.

Along with playing Kent 'Flounder' Dorfman in the 1978 comedy classic, he also had starring roles on "Babylon 5" and "St. Elsewhere." He directed a few episodes of 'Babylon 5' as well.
    He was 63.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

This is unreal. Another one gone so young.

Comment

thank you Emperor VIR COTTO

Comment

So sad to see another one of the Babylon 5 cast die so young.
        sigpic

Comment

I was at Supanova today (Our pokey little comicon) and I was looking through the signed B5 pictures at a stall and said "Wow these are going to get harder and harder to get" That's when the bloke at the stall told me that Stephen had passed this morning.

sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I might think there's some weird karma thing going on if I believed in that sort of thing. They accomplished what the set out to do--tell a complete 5-year story--but at the price of the cast dying off young.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
              - R.E.M.

Comment

He was not that old, as others of those from B5 who died early. Very sad.
                sigpic

Comment

Now this blows. Vir was probably my fav character on the show.
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

The cure of B5 continues.. The universe just keeps taking them from us way too soon.
                    Blakes Sanctum: Retro site for retro games! Age of Wonders, Babylon 5, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, Star Trek & more!

Comment

Working...
                    X