This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a fate of one website

In the past half a year I visited several times one website. It looked like Official web for SG-1, SGA and SGU. I partly explored only gallery part, so I`m not sure if it`s been official or of others details. But when I tried to find it this week again, I couldn`t. The gallery had a sections for all three shows and then a section for each season of the ten of SG-1 series. They had very good quality pictures (over 1000 pixels) for every episode including behind the scenes of each episode. Most of the pics had also logo of MGM at the bottom. And gallery was in flash format so you couldn`t see the pics through the cell phone only through pc. But they could be saved to hd.
    I wonder if someone recognizes this website and know if it has been shut down or if it`s just temporary. It`s been great source for good quality pictures and it would be a shame to see it go.

Sorry, I don't know what site you mean.

But if it helps you at all, GateWorld also has a very extensive gallery of screen captures from every episode and movie, as well as from DVD bonus features.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thank you for the reply and link, DigiFluid. That site has a lot of great pictures too

Maybe someone will know what happened. I first found the site when I wrote into google SG1 gallery, it was pretty high on google list on the first page of results. I even think it had a word Official in its name, but this week it wasn`t there anymore. I would like to know if someone else noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
        Thank you for the reply and link, DigiFluid. That site has a lot of great pictures too

Maybe someone will know what happened. I first found the site when I wrote into google SG1 gallery, it was pretty high on google list on the first page of results. I even think it had a word Official in its name, but this week it wasn`t there anymore. I would like to know if someone else noticed.
        Don't know the site. There's some places on Livejournal where you can download all episodes of SG-1, capped from DVD. Pretty good quality too.

http://roeskva.livejournal.com/235413.html

Comment

Your description sounds like what stargate.mgm.com used to be. Is this what you remember? I remember back in the day you could go to it and pick specific episodes to view pictures and clips from.

It's not like that anymore though. It just links me to a stargate fan facebook page.

sigpic
          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

That is a great link, LtKatia. Thank you for posting it

I think that may be that site, StargateMillennium. Strange is, it still worked a few months ago. My guess is that they had that domain purchased for 20 years and it ended around May, June. It's too bad, I just recently started to watch SG-1 and it was great source for hq episode stills.

Comment

If you do not delete your browser history each time you exit your internet explorer, or Firefox or Chrome, or Safari, or Netscape (don't give me that look!)... it should still be tucked in your history list.

Then run the address and see where it goes... or run it through a finder to check whether the domain is still active or not.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

When I just started watching SG 1 I was browsing stargate.mgm site like a madman. It's a shame they stopped

Comment

I am also sad about the official Stargate MGM site disappearing and redirecting.

There are still a few fun thumbnails saved on the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20160531...s/1/index.html

This site has some of those MGM pics, in Russian, but easy to figure out what folders to click on by # of seasons in each title: http://atlantis-tv.ru/photo/

Many of the photos still live on, on other sites such as Pinterest and Photobucket, albeit smaller versions, and some of the videos on YouTube if you know the titles.

To know if other sites have better copies of pics you find, in larger sizes with better resolution, Google image search can help.
                  Go to Google.
                  Click on "Images" at the top right corner of the screen.
                  Click the camera icon.
                  Paste the URL, upload the image, or drag and drop the image into the dialogue box.
                  At the top of the results, see the phrase "Find other sizes of this image." Click "All sizes."
                  Alternatively, see the "Visually similar images" and "Pages that include matching images" results below.

Doing so might lead to better resolutions of the pics and/or more photo treasure troves to raid.
                  Last edited by WraithTech; 27 June 2017, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I was away for couple of weeks, so didn`t have an access.

Falcon Horus.
                    The problem was also that I was forced to change my notebook this year, so I lost most of my bookmarks.

WraithTech,
                    thanks so much for that wayback link. Now I know for sure it was mgm site. It`s really shame, they pulled it down, especially when it was still functional earlier this year. On the other hand, I`m grateful I was still able to catch it.
                    Thanks for the advice with the google, I ceartainly use it in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
                      The problem was also that I was forced to change my notebook this year, so I lost most of my bookmarks.
                      In which case, my advice is pointless.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                      X