Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Last man Standing" may get a new home.

'Last Man Standing,' CMT in 'early talks' for revival
    It's early yet, and they say it's a long shot, but I hope this comes to pass.
    LMS is my favorite sitcom in a number of years, and I wasn't happy that ABC killed it.

CMT is in "early talks" to pick up "Last Man Standing" after ABC axed the show in May despite high ratings, a source told Fox News.

A source close to the deal confirmed to Fox News that CMT is in the "very early stages" of discussions to become the new home for the beloved Tim Allen series.

Sorry, it failed. Not surprising as this happens all the time when a cancelled show is shopped to other networks
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Sorry, Tim Allen, Last Man Standing Isn't Getting Revived at CMT

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Bummer.

Comment

Yeah. CMT could never afford it. Cable TV is starting to feel the pinch now that the Mill Kids are to cheap to fork out for it.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Fox considering bringing back Tim Allen's 'Last Man Standing' after 'Roseanne' success

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

This, I would really like to see. This show was a good performer for ABC on Friday nights for a number of years. ABC's paper-thin excuse was they were revamping Friday nights didn't really sit with me. I am pretty sure it was cancelled because it presented a conservative viewpoint in a positive manner.

CMT couldn't afford Tim Allen, but Fox can.

Comment

That excuse didn't make business sense last year and it still doesn't make sense. As it stands I doubt ABC will do it
                Jelgate is right

Comment

It didn't make business sense to cancel an ok performing show, either.

It's going to be interesting how they handle the Rosanne reboot, which I gather is pro-Trump in many aspects.

Comment

As shows get older okay isn't good enough. They get more expensive and the requirements for success get higher
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe this one will pan out. I hope so, I liked this show.

https://tvline.com/2018/05/03/last-m...n-7-tim-allen/

Tim Allen, you can probably thank Roseanne for this: Last Man Standing is getting a new lease on life — and it appears the revival will stick this time around.

A year after its controversial cancellation at ABC, the Allen-fronted comedy is poised to be resurrected by Fox for the 2018-19 TV season, TVLine has learned. Allen has, per sources, signed a deal for a potential Season 7 and conversations are underway with key cast members and EPs from the original incarnation to join him.

Comment

‘Last Man Standing’ Revived by Fox for Season 7

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

Ok, Fri. night is adult beverage and music night so I'm just watching S7E1 on the screen and closed captions turned on.

I really like the recast character "Mandy", possibly a better choice than the original actress.

And as far as why ABC cancelled it, the folks that make this are the ones who know, and from the dialog, it's clear that ABC cancelled it for political reasons.

Comment

You need to lay off the adult beverages if you are believing the politics cancelation BS again
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X