ending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ending?

many shows call it an end at 7 years, the treks.

some make it to ten years, gate.

and a few make it to 20 years, gun smoke, law and order, maybe even SVU.

my question is this has anyone heard any thing about it coming to an end or any thing, I haven't, but I am wondering if any one has.

I seriously doubt it'll be any time soon. TWD was and is the most-viewed cable TV series in history, by a wide margin. That means the advertisers are still lining up to pay for commercials during the show (and holy damn there are a lot of them), and the show avoids the financial trap that so many other shows fall into: actors' salaries becoming too much due to their long tenure (since it's so easy to just kill off their character here).

If you'll forgive the pun: I think TWD still has a lot of life left in it.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I seriously doubt it'll be any time soon. TWD was and is the most-viewed cable TV series in history, by a wide margin. That means the advertisers are still lining up to pay for commercials during the show (and holy damn there are a lot of them), and the show avoids the financial trap that so many other shows fall into: actors' salaries becoming too much due to their long tenure (since it's so easy to just kill off their character here).

If you'll forgive the pun: I think TWD still has a lot of life left in it.

I hope so, pun forgiven.innocent0006.gifhappy0009.gif

Comment

Havent they they taled about 10 seasons?

Comment

Depends who's talking, and when. I've heard the 10 years line before too. But as recently as a couple months ago, Scott Gimple says 20 seasons.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7650431.html
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I read an article once that quoted an AMC exec as saying as they had no plans to end it ever, all the time the comics were in production and its profitable for them it would be on screen.

Comment

Working...
            X