• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nowhere To Go (313)

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON THREE
    NOWHERE TO GO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 313
    The Raza receives new intel that leads them to Ferrous Corp's secret shipyard -- but a plan to take it out and end the corporate war has unforeseen consequences.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 August 2017, 08:54 PM.

Apparently my worries about them biting off too much appear to be unneeded. Its actually coming together already and I appreciate it. Though the ending was pretty predictable, that was a awesome Episode.

Though now we are back to no blink drive and Ryo probably being back on the Team. I dont think he will go back to playing Emperor again that fast. Also I am sure Six will be back, the drive did not quite explode, rather it jumped with its vicinity to the Invaders Dimension.

Also, the Android thing was weird. First 3 did not find his GF in the VR and then the Android sent messages eventhough it was shut down. I have the bad feeling, that the whole "Sarah might be or go bad" thing is not done with yet.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      Apparently my worries about them biting off too much appear to be unneeded. Its actually coming together already and I appreciate it.
      My feeling right after seeing the episode was quite the opposite: they started way too many story threads and basically nothing got resolved in the season finale. Granted, Dark Matter tries to not quite be an episodic show and keeps storylines in the air, but I'd expect some resolution, some closure from a finale. Here we still have Boone and Portia and alt-Android on the loose, the corporate war is still raging on (although Ferrous supposedly might soon come into trouble), Zairon is probably in disarray, Ryo may/may not come back to be part of the crew, Three is off somewhere, Sarah is off somewhere with the Androids' "end of antroparchy" in the air (along with our Android probably considering the options on that issue), Six is off somewhere (probably as you mention - in the aliens' universe)...
      This season felt like a lot of setup, but if Dark Matter isn't picked up for another season, it all becomes a bit of a waste.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      Also, the Android thing was weird. First 3 did not find his GF in the VR and then the Android sent messages eventhough it was shut down. I have the bad feeling, that the whole "Sarah might be or go bad" thing is not done with yet.
      Three's girlfriend (Sarah) is off on her merry adventures with rebellious androids (though why they didn't copy her consciousness for the artificial body is beyond me - imagine if the portable data storage got corrupted). Three was just wallowing through what she created in the VR, probably being pissed Raza keeps going on crazy missions instead of going to find Sarah.

Well, all that unpleasant stuff said, it wasn't a bad episode. I'm just sad we didn't quite move anywhere enough other than making the aliens prominent now. Btw did anybody think of Thirdspace aliens from Babylon 5 when the "black ships" started passing through the portal?

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
        Btw did anybody think of Thirdspace aliens from Babylon 5 when the "black ships" started passing through the portal?
        Yes! That thought came to mind, along with other shows that have had similar cliffhanger season endings, such as:
        • Blake's 7 - Season 2 ended with aliens from another galaxy invading ours.
        • Stargate SG1 - The Ori invasion.

Not quite the same, but when Star Trek: TNG Season 3 "Best of Both Worlds" ended with a Borg cube confrontation, that was a first for Star Trek, and a real shocker at the time. I did a Darth Vader "Nooooooooooo!" scream at the TV.

Comment

Although I understand the reasons and am not surprised at it being cancelled, they did have a lot of things going on. No way they expected to get the axe.

Comment

Working...
          X