• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dwarf Star Conspiracy (311)

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON THREE
    THE DWARF STAR CONSPIRACY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 311
    While investigating a Dwarf Star Technologies lab the crew finds hundreds of "simulants" -- powerful bio-synthetic life forms like Two -- sleeping in stasis. Meanwhile Three experiences violent mental disturbances that suggest a much darker threat looming.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 August 2017, 12:10 AM.

This Series really seems to bite off more than it can chew. We now got the Ishida Story Arc, the War, The Androids, the alternate Dimension crew and now the alternate dimension invaders. At least it wont get stale fast, but I always feel like I missed a Episode.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      This Series really seems to bite off more than it can chew. We now got the Ishida Story Arc, the War, The Androids, the alternate Dimension crew and now the alternate dimension invaders. At least it wont get stale fast, but I always feel like I missed a Episode.
      HAHAHA wow you literally took the words right out of my mouth, I said the exact same thing to my brother, they have all those stories at the same time and also the glimpse at the future we had.
      It feels like to much at one time, I do hope this is a set up for the next few seasons and the show is able to keep the audience so we can see these story arks play out. One thing I liked about stargate is they were able to close the Goa'uld story for the most part) by tieing it in with the replicator story as well. Maybe that is something they are aiming to do here, haha in fact it's very similar the androids are somewhat like the humanoid replicators and these alt reality aliens are like Goa'uld. Well on the bright side plenty of stories for them to tell coming up.

They should increase the series from 13 episodes to 20 episodes then again maybe keeping it 13 episodes is what helps to keep ratings and funding for the series up.
      Last edited by tomaso88; 12 August 2017, 06:40 AM.

Comment

That really was a good episode here. Though perhaps it is because I'm a simple man. Throw me my favourite character (the Android) with a cleavage and I'm happy ("Boobs.").
        Other than that, I had a distinct Star Trek vibe from this episode, which I don't remember getting from any show for a very long time. Not really sure why, other than for the scene where Three talks with the aliens taking appearances of known characters. That was straight outta DS9 and the Prophets talking to Sisko.
        Maybe now I'm more and more identifying the android as Seven of Nine as well...

All that said, I have to admit I didn't remember Three being a host to these aliens before. It's both disorienting at times and humbling. First because we have already quite a few arcs started as it is (as noted by posters above) and this is just adding another thing to the mix. And second because clearly I haven't been paying atention enough to Dark Matter and it's previous seasons. One has to wonder though if that's rather my fault or the showrunners' for not making it memorable enough.

All in all, a very sci-fi concept (artificial bodies as hosts for aliens) along with a lot of levity ("Boobs.") makes for a fun episode in my book. Usually that has been Killjoys' way before...

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
          That really was a good episode here. Though perhaps it is because I'm a simple man. Throw me my favourite character (the Android) with a cleavage and I'm happy ("Boobs.").
          Other than that, I had a distinct Star Trek vibe from this episode, which I don't remember getting from any show for a very long time. Not really sure why, other than for the scene where Three talks with the aliens taking appearances of known characters. That was straight outta DS9 and the Prophets talking to Sisko.
          Maybe now I'm more and more identifying the android as Seven of Nine as well...

All that said, I have to admit I didn't remember Three being a host to these aliens before. It's both disorienting at times and humbling. First because we have already quite a few arcs started as it is (as noted by posters above) and this is just adding another thing to the mix. And second because clearly I haven't been paying atention enough to Dark Matter and it's previous seasons. One has to wonder though if that's rather my fault or the showrunners' for not making it memorable enough.

All in all, a very sci-fi concept (artificial bodies as hosts for aliens) along with a lot of levity ("Boobs.") makes for a fun episode in my book. Usually that has been Killjoys' way before...
          It's not your fault I don't remember it much either, after watching the episode I looked it up so I can go back to watch that episode. When they mentioned it I remembered part of the episode but felt like I must have stopped watching it half way or something.

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
            It's not your fault I don't remember it much either, after watching the episode I looked it up so I can go back to watch that episode. When they mentioned it I remembered part of the episode but felt like I must have stopped watching it half way or something.
            Same here, hence why I said I always feel like I missed a Episode. I remember the one in question, but that Alien was more of a afterthought. We will see if this Series can survive long enough to actually finish or combine some of these Stories. I would hope so, but I can see why this is not for the casual viewer.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Yeah, at the beginning, I had a feeling they may have aired episodes in wrong order, or that, as you say, I missed an episode.
              Dark Matter has gotten much better as seasons pass and go, but it still seems the individual episodes are rather forgettable - that is, unless they keep bringing the various themes back.

Comment

Was a good episode can't for the life of me remember 3 getting inhabited by alien before

Comment

Working...
                X