• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built, Not Born (310)

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON THREE
    BUILT, NOT BORN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 310
    The Android convinces the crew to come to the aid of Victor and his group of upgraded androids, who help them find a legendary sanctuary for their kind -- where a shocking discovery about their creator and Two's own past lies.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 August 2017, 12:05 AM.

Interesting episode. We get confirmation that Two is bisexual, and that the Androids are up to no good. That part seems like it's going to end badly for everyone.

After I saw Zoie Palmer was playing a human as well, I couldn't help but feel it wasn't a huge surprise that she and Two had a romantic history together, given Zoie's role on Lost Girl, and the scene with Two and Nyx in the season premiere.

That said, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the attempt at a British accent for the Doctor. Although, I guess that's kind of a common trope for robotic duplicates at this point. Agents of SHIELD just did the same thing.

One of the things I've sort of concluded after watching the show for the last few episodes is that the show seems to struggle with it's long term storytelling. Most seasons haven't really felt like they had much of a clear long term direction for their season, and we also haven't gotten much of a sense of a the large scale interstellar war going on right now. Most of the individual episodes have been pretty good, but the overall season feels like there's a lot of slow paced meandering around. Which I believe was also a problem I had with the previous two seasons, as I recall.

Maybe the show is only meant to be episodic, but it's still frustrating to actually have long term arcs, but only make lackadaisical progress with a general direction instead of having a concrete built to specific story.

I suppose I am rather interested in the Android sub-plot, because what does this mean for the Doctor? Was that story about her dying of brain cancer true? Is she even human at all?
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 05 August 2017, 02:43 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

I suppose I am rather interested in the Android sub-plot, because what does this mean for the Doctor? Was that story about her dying of brain cancer true? Is she even human at all?
      I wondered that as well. I wonder if the true Dr. Shaw is alive at all.

Comment

Yeah, Dark Matter is best viewed as single episodes loosely connected.

I was expecting something of the Corporate war, but clearly they don't have the money to really show any of it. We've only seen Ferrous attacking lone isolated poor worlds with neural gas.

Btw, was there any specific reason as to why Three didn't stay with Sarah? He could have left with Dr. Shaw's ship and they could have reunited with the Raza right afterwards.
        Obviously that would make the new "mystery plot" moot.
        That's kinda the problem with Dark Matter, it sets large arcs up with some all encompassing twist at the end of the season, but oftentimes, the setup is forced and artificial, making any given episode feel weird. (Then again, when it works, it usually provides a pleasant flowing episode that works both as a standalone and as a piece of the puzzle - like last week's 309.)

Comment

Working...
        X