• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give It Up, Princess (305)

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON THREE
    GIVE IT UP, PRINCESS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 305
    Adrian leads the Raza crew to a world where Tabor has a safe house, only to find Tabor's girlfriend being held hostage by a criminal in search of valuable data. Elsewhere, Ryo is frustrated when his allies lose control of a key planet.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 August 2017, 11:32 PM.

A surprisingly decent episode. Albeit predictable (as usual). The problem is Killjoys is back on (hey, why are there no threads for its 3rd season episodes?!) and is back to the first season kind of fun. So Dark Matter, while actually getting better and better, plays only second fiddle again.

Comment

Am I the only one who prefers the Android in human-mod mode more than Android mode?

Comment

Well I still see it as only a different facet of the same character. And I've always liked the character (as most androids/robots/outcasts/... in sci-fi).
        That said, if they allow the android to "play human" permanently or most of the time, she'll lose the point. She's supposed to discover humanity, and I've always found it's easier and more noticeable when going from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
          Well I still see it as only a different facet of the same character. And I've always liked the character (as most androids/robots/outcasts/... in sci-fi).
          That said, if they allow the android to "play human" permanently or most of the time, she'll lose the point. She's supposed to discover humanity, and I've always found it's easier and more noticeable when going from the outside.
          I agree, while I love seeing her kicking ass with the Mod. Its much more enjoyable to have her switch when neccessary.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Personally, I like Android in non-human mod mode. I also saw that what's-her-face double cross coming long before they even got to the planet. That whole "She's not really a damsel in distress" thing is starting to get cliche if you ask me. Not that I mind it, it's just that it is super easy to predict and doesn't carry the surprise that the twist is supposed to have. It would have worked better for the audience if we were supposed to know about it from the get go. It didn't harm the episode or anything, but if they wanted to have me have a reaction of shock or something, that was a total failure.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

I liked Five's continuing comments along the lines of "really, you expect to get the girl with this shtick?"

Comment

This episode felt like it's script was trying to do a David Hewlett episode while covering up the fact that they don't have David Hewlett
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                X