Lady of the Lake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lady of the Lake?

Is this me or the Lady of the lake has never been mentioned in the story line where King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table are mentioned? Was the Arthur Story simplified in this show?

Originally posted by Chuck Finley View Post
    Is this me or the Lady of the lake has never been mentioned in the story line where King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table are mentioned? Was the Arthur Story simplified in this show?
    I guess you've never seen Excalibur then. At then very end of the movie the Lady of the Lake takes the sword after Lancelot throws it in the lake.

Comment

Certainly seems to have been. And imo that's cause of the canx of the show. IMO had it gone 1-2 more seasons we MIGHT have had some more extrapolation on the whole 'arthur' angle.. Like with that sword pulled (EP 9-20) 'predicting arthur's return etc', does that mean something was supposed to actually happen?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Certainly seems to have been. And imo that's cause of the canx of the show. IMO had it gone 1-2 more seasons we MIGHT have had some more extrapolation on the whole 'arthur' angle.. Like with that sword pulled (EP 9-20) 'predicting arthur's return etc', does that mean something was supposed to actually happen?
        Let's pretend for a minute that Arthur was just a regular old human being who Merlin helped to ascend, but then frozen in stasis by Morgan only to be found by Daniel who used his consciousness to build another sangral then Arthur himself would have no reason to retake human form.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Finley View Post
          Very simplified, and tons of lore is cut out of it. SG tended to just take a lot of surface stuff from a few mythologies rather than make any one "central" Egyptian and Norse feature heavily of course, but they mess up the god comparisons a lot as well.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
            Let's pretend for a minute that Arthur was just a regular old human being who Merlin helped to ascend, but then frozen in stasis by Morgan only to be found by Daniel who used his consciousness to build another sangral then Arthur himself would have no reason to retake human form.
            But we don't know anything about whether arthur was ascended or not, or whether, like Merlin Morgan froze him..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              But we don't know anything about whether arthur was ascended or not, or whether, like Merlin Morgan froze him..
              I DID say "let's pretend" didn't I?

Comment

I wanted Omoroca to be the "Lady of the lake". So maybe she is still alive or half-alive in a lake or oasis on Earth.

What I couldn't understand that if Daniel and Vala have discovered the Ori and pulled their attention to the Milky way around 2006, then why has Merlin looked for the Sangraal in the first place? I mean he couldn't know whether the Ori will find the Milky Way in the future or not. Has a time traveller warned him? And where has Arthur and his knights gone? Because they were have been mentioned briefly in season 10 as they were looking for the Sangraal and solve the puzzle of Merlin or search for Merlin, I don't remember correctly. But why? How would men know if they are living on a medieval technological level how to 3 planets will be located in the galaxy? Why would they write gate address on a sword? What happened with the stellar drifting concept? Maybe the roundtable was active 1000-1200 years ago, but it can mean that the gate addresses won't be necessarily accurate.

Anyway their whole effort to serve Merlin seems to be a giant plothole as they couldn't know what will happen in the future.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  What I couldn't understand that if Daniel and Vala have discovered the Ori and pulled their attention to the Milky way around 2006, then why has Merlin looked for the Sangraal in the first place? I mean he couldn't know whether the Ori will find the Milky Way in the future or not. Has a time traveller warned him?
                  The Ori were unaware that there were humans in this region of space because the Ancients were hiding them, but the Ori knew that there were ascended Ancients here. A conflict between the two was likely inevitable. Daniel and Vala simply sped things up by letting the Ori know there was a whole new source of potential worshipers that would allow them to increase their power to a level where they could beat the Ancients.

What happened with the stellar drifting concept? Maybe the roundtable was active 1000-1200 years ago, but it can mean that the gate addresses won't be necessarily accurate.
                  DHD correlative updates automatically update gate addresses so they correspond to new regions of space when stellar drift makes doing so necessary. Therefore, all the gate addresses from even 50 million years ago will still take you to the same Stargate today if you input the address into a DHD. Only gates that lack DHDs, like the one the SGC operates, have to worry about stellar drift causing addresses to stop working.

Comment

Thanks again for your informative answer, Xaeden.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                    X