No announcement yet.

THE ORVILLE: News/Trailers/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first scene is a guy walking in on his wife cheating on him with a blue alien who squirts blue stuff out of his head, a year later they are divorced and she becomes his first officer. If I was to take that in any way seriously (a cheating spouse becoming her ex's first officer) I would hate it, but since the show is not meant to be taken seriously I'm fine with it. I've only watched the first episode, and based on that, I think the show is too silly to be taken seriously as anything other than a comedy. The silliness is what makes the show enjoyable to me.
    sigpic

Comment

Lopo, Actually ST was mostly models. Check TOS.

Comment

You should check the third episode if possible, I find it far better both in joke delivery and surprisingly even in the deeper theme it has.
        The first ep wasn't really good in comparison, I find.

Comment

I'll probably watch more eventually, but I'm not sure I'd like it if it got more serious. The only reason I can actually tolerate the cheating ex-wife being the first officer is because of the silliness (that and because I've liked the actress in other things). I don't care if he was an absentee husband, that's a really lame excuse for cheating in my opinion (I honestly don't think that there is a good excuse for cheating, if you have issues in your marriage, talk about it or just get a divorce). I don't think could take this show seriously and come away liking the characters or the character dynamics.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah the actress who plays the ex-wife... Adrianne Palicki...
            You gotta love. She's finny AND hot.
            From Sam's fiancée in supernatural to Bobbi Morse in S.H.I.E.L.D.
            You gotta love her.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
              Lopo, Actually ST was mostly models. Check TOS.
              STD is mostly CGI and green screen. I wasnt talking about TOS or TNG or STDS9 or STV or STE
              sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                Yeah the actress who plays the ex-wife... Adrianne Palicki...
                You gotta love. She's finny AND hot.
                From Sam's fiancée in supernatural to Bobbi Morse in S.H.I.E.L.D.
                You gotta love her.
                My name is Annoyed and I agree with the above post. She is quite the hottie.

Again, very Star Trekish.. Trek shows have always had their eye candy.

Comment

Yeah, Adrianne Palicki is very beautiful and talented.
                  sigpic

Comment

This show is really trying to be Star Trek.
                    Spoiler:
                    Anyone notice this week's ep is a mishmash of several TOS episodes, primarily "For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky" & "The Paradise Syndrome", with bits from David Gerrold's TOS Novel "The Galactic Whirlpool" thrown in too.

Comment

Oops, appears I was somewhat mistaken. They might want to go the more serious way (somewhat). That also means The Orville can pretty much fully fill my need for Star Trek.

Btw, great cameos and guest stars, I'm amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
                        STD is mostly CGI and green screen. I wasnt talking about TOS or TNG or STDS9 or STV or STE
                        That is a very unfortunate acronym
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          That is a very unfortunate acronym
                          Get your mind out of the gutter, Vulcan!

Comment

I'm really enjoying this show. It way way better than Star trek discovery.

Comment

well, I haven;'t seen all of the shows, but from what I have see, I have liked, it isn't anything like must see tv, but it isn't complete garbage either, so I give it a preliminary 6 1/2 still early on, so am not going to lock it in yet.

Comment

There will be 2 old star trek captains appearing in this show as IMDB shows.
                                I wont spoil the names.

Right now we can say it looks better then Discovery but so far we have not seen any episodes of the Star Trek Discovery as these 2 that are out are like a movie of the main characters past and today we see the STD first episode that could be named as pilot to. As the two episode past story had nothing to do with the discovery story.

I will watch both but so far ii really like this Orville.
                                Only optimistic future tv show we have right now that is story per episode and not full season or series.
                                Now all we are missing is Q from Star Trek. I always loved Q in ST series cause the actor who played him did the best job for it and would fit very well to Orville to.

This show needs it's own sub forum or is it to soon to make ?
                                Somehow i dont see that this show gets canceled, especially as the names that will appear in this show and how much this feels like ST series and how much old ST fans like this more over Discovery.
                                sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Working...
                                X