THE ORVILLE: News/Trailers/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
    Gotta say the Orville is still fun. And this 9th episode really worked for me. Darulio's actor for instance was almost magnetic in his performance.
    Rob Lowe always has that charisma in his roles. I was surprised (pleasantly) that he'd take on a role like it to be honest.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Rob Lowe always has that charisma in his roles. I was surprised (pleasantly) that he'd take on a role like it to be honest.
      Yeah I spotted him under that makeup right away. It helps that I've been re-watching Parks and Recreation over the last couple of months.
      sigpic

Comment

This last episode is my favorite. I actually laughed out loud a little. I really enjoyed the elevator scenes. I hope we see more of that crewmember, the actor really can carry a comedic scene. (Not today's episode, last weeks)
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Anyone notice the direct references to or outright parodies of Star Trek episodes last night? (11/16)
          Spoiler:
          For example, "stepping into the turbolift and stepping into space"? Picard had the same experience in "Where No One Has Gone Before".

There were a few others as well.

Comment

Reminded me of DS9 "Distant Voices" and TNG "Remember Me" among other episodes but at the same time it stood on it's own.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              Reminded me of DS9 "Distant Voices" and TNG "Remember Me" among other episodes but at the same time it stood on it's own.
              I've never watched most of DS9, but yeah, I can see "Remember Me" too.

Maybe we ought to start a thread in the games section for spotting Trek parodies in The Orville.

Comment

That is every episode
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Be a fun game for next season, though.

Comment

The most recent episode reminded me a bit of the episode where Beverly Crusher kept experiencing the loss of crew members until she was the only one left on the Enterprise and had to figure out what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      The most recent episode reminded me a bit of the episode where Beverly Crusher kept experiencing the loss of crew members until she was the only one left on the Enterprise and had to figure out what was going on.
                      That was "Remember Me".

Comment

I think they may start an Orville section soon so we can have a thread to track Trek references, whether it be a game or just informational. We could also track them in the individual episode threads.
                        sigpic

Comment

Woohoo, we got Richard Woolsey, alias the Doctor, alias Dr. Zimmerman last episode!
                          Also, if that wasn't a prime example of an essentially Star Trek episode, then those Star Trek series I've watched must have been frauds.

Also, "I've crushed an alligator in the cargo bay."

Comment

This show is a stroke of genius.

A lot of Trek fans like myself balk at subscribing to a service an d buying a gadget to plug into the TV (Yes, I know, I can stream on computer and show on TV via HDMI. But it's a P.I.T.A.) I understand their need to pay the bills. So put it on Netflix, Amazon Prime or something; a payed streaming service. I have other objections to that marketing type as well, but I digress.

From what I've read, it's not all that good anyway. I'll wait till it's available via convenient distribution.

So there is this frustration over real "Trek", and into that void steps The Orville, which is more Trek than Trek itself is.

The idea to do that, and more importantly the planning to have it on the air at the same time says a lot about MacFarlane.

Comment

I actually found myself laughing a bit in these last two episodes. I think subtle comedy and comedy that deals with timing is what works best for this show. I am really liking it. I certainly am looking forward to the next season even before this one is finished.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                This show is a stroke of genius.

A lot of Trek fans like myself balk at subscribing to a service an d buying a gadget to plug into the TV (Yes, I know, I can stream on computer and show on TV via HDMI. But it's a P.I.T.A.) I understand their need to pay the bills. So put it on Netflix, Amazon Prime or something; a payed streaming service. I have other objections to that marketing type as well, but I digress.

From what I've read, it's not all that good anyway. I'll wait till it's available via convenient distribution.

So there is this frustration over real "Trek", and into that void steps The Orville, which is more Trek than Trek itself is.

The idea to do that, and more importantly the planning to have it on the air at the same time says a lot about MacFarlane.
                                If your TV have WIFI and is connected to your home network, then it's easier then hdmi cable where you need to go to settings of your second screen every time you update graphics drivers.

I have 2 TV's at home and both are with WIFI and i just right click on a movie or tv show and click on the "cast to device"
                                sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Working...
                                X