No announcement yet.

THE ORVILLE: News/Trailers/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta say I loved the 6th episode: "The Krill". A "how to" for making a convincing alien prosthetic yet keeping the actors able to perform.

Comment

This show is a stroke of genius.
      It's more "Star Trek" then Trek itself is these days, and it's timed perfectly to satisfy the demand of a lot of Trek fans who can't or don't want to buy a subscription to CBS's streaming service, as well as a gadget to attach to their TV so you can watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        This show is a stroke of genius.
        It's more "Star Trek" then Trek itself is these days, and it's timed perfectly to satisfy the demand of a lot of Trek fans who can't or don't want to buy a subscription to CBS's streaming service, as well as a gadget to attach to their TV so you can watch it.
        HDMI cables come with most DVD players...as long as you have a real laptop though. I am enjoying Orville for what it is. I really liked this week's episode. So far it is my favorite.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, I can connect a laptop to the TV via HDMI, but why can't they just publish an app that I can install on the TV? Too cheap to make a deal with the TV OEM? Whatever, I don't care.

And then there is the cost of a subscription to a service to get access to one show. I might subscribe eventually. But not right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Oh, I can connect a laptop to the TV via HDMI, but why can't they just publish an app that I can install on the TV? Too cheap to make a deal with the TV OEM? Whatever, I don't care.

And then there is the cost of a subscription to a service to get access to one show. I might subscribe eventually. But not right now.
            I think it depends on your TV, the newer ones should work like apps on a handheld device. Some devices can also transmit the image via the TV itself or the DVD player wirelessly. But yeah, it is a bit of a hassle.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Nah, the FAQ's on CBS's site say they don't have any apps. for smart TV's. Gotta buy either a Google or Amazon dongle to plug into the TV's USB port or watch it on a gadget or laptop.

Comment

I'm really enjoying this show. I love the comedy aspect which generally has me laughing out loud multiple times per episode, but I am also seeing them build on characters and villains which gives me hope for the future of the show. Assuming ratings are good enough for renewal.
                sigpic

Comment

Seth McFarlane is already talking about working on a season 2 if I remember correctly

Comment

With all do respect, writers are always talking about the next season no matter how slim chances are
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

The Cancel Bear Has The Orville as likely to be renewed.

Comment

You missed the point
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

You know, while I find this show entertaining I really don't find it all that hilarious. It hasn't made me laugh. *Is sadtood*
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe the joke is that it's more Star Trek than Star Trek is these days. But I agree, I'm not getting a lot of laughs out of it either. But that's ok. I like it all the same.

Comment

I've been getting a bunch of "smiles" from some parts of the episodes so far shown.

Comment

Yeah, the gags are hit and miss for me too. But some laughs are better than none.

Comment

Working...
                                X