THE ORVILLE: News/Trailers/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    I've seen the first three episodes and really enjoyed them. Fourth up tonight. It's the only show that I currently watch on broadcast television, rather than through a streaming service.
    Excellent...it was surprisingly enjoyable for me.
    sigpic

Comment

So, I have seen the first two episodes and while I like the design of the ships etc. I don't like the characters much (especially the ex-wife of the captain, hell that women should IMHO keep as far away from her ex-husband as possible, she after all ruined his career (no: Helping him gain command of an inferior ship - compared to what people expected that he'd get as his first command - is NOT enough to make up for it IMHO!)...hell, I admit I wanted her spaced (or otherwise removed from the show!) when he said that she wanted to use a couple's councilor that was related to her (thus even more biased in favor of her as a woman than most councilors, who often fault find the man instead of looking at both partners equally)) and I hate the jokes (I am not against humor, but if a show doesn't take itself serious then I don't like that...I don't like parodies much either and this is deffinitely modelled on Star Trek!)

Still, it does a better job than STD

greetings LAX
      ps: The ship itself gives me a Voyager vibe sadly...I'd have prefered it if the captain really gained command of a bigger ship (always being in the underdog position if something a little larger than a shuttle confronts you frankly sucks!)

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
        Wait what????
        They are both amazing. You have got to be kidding me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
          Wait what????
          Agreed. I love Orville for that 90's Trek vibe but Discovery is still amazing. Especially the last few episodes.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
            So, I have seen the first two episodes and while I like the design of the ships etc. I don't like the characters much (especially the ex-wife of the captain, hell that women should IMHO keep as far away from her ex-husband as possible, she after all ruined his career (no: Helping him gain command of an inferior ship - compared to what people expected that he'd get as his first command - is NOT enough to make up for it IMHO!)...hell, I admit I wanted her spaced (or otherwise removed from the show!) when he said that she wanted to use a couple's councilor that was related to her (thus even more biased in favor of her as a woman than most councilors, who often fault find the man instead of looking at both partners equally)) and I hate the jokes (I am not against humor, but if a show doesn't take itself serious then I don't like that...I don't like parodies much either and this is deffinitely modelled on Star Trek!)

greetings LAX
            ps: The ship itself gives me a Voyager vibe sadly...I'd have prefered it if the captain really gained command of a bigger ship (always being in the underdog position if something a little larger than a shuttle confronts you frankly sucks!)
            Wow...we must be watching totally different shows my friend. I cannot speak about STD as I don't want to subscribe to a service for just one show. However, Orville rocks. I didn't think I'd like it due to the humor aspect...the commercials made it seem forced. However, once I watched it...I was hooked!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
              Wait what????
              They are both good but Orville is more Trek than Discovery. If you mute the volume on both programs and asked a non-viewer which one was Trek I bet they'd pick Orville from the look alone.

Discovery is a cookie cutter space war drama, it's not 'Trek', all the twists in the last few episodes were predicted months ago online and were easy to work out, I sussed them before the mid-season break.

Laxian, stick with Orville, the story and explanation of the wife is revisited, and explained later in the series in the most amusing, and unusual way.

Comment

You know, the costumes and the ship alone are a giveaway even if you mute the volume.

Comment

Also there's a very good reason why Orville has more of a star trek feel and that is because they are literally reusing plots from Voyager and TNG.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

This show gets on TV in my corner of the world now too...already...as always so far behind...

Comment

sigpic

Comment

If a "The Orville" section is coming, I hope it comes before Season 2. This is a show I would love to discuss episode by episode.
                        sigpic

Comment

I like the tone of this trailer and agree with what's-his-face, Orville was not marketed well as far as tone and intent goes. It's a light hearted sci fi, not a comedy sci fi.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice to see Dann the Alien in the promo. I would love to see a bit more screen time for him, but not too much.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              If a "The Orville" section is coming, I hope it comes before Season 2. This is a show I would love to discuss episode by episode.
                              Yes, I would like to see a board for this show too.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                                Isn't this The Orville section?

Comment

Working...
                                X