No announcement yet.

THE ORVILLE: News/Trailers/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this so far... And Tovia was right, this does have a strong Star Trek (TNG era) flavor to it.

But..
    Spoiler:
    No Transporters?

Comment

Just watched the first episode of this new series and to me a long time star trek fan, I feel like this is the spiritual successor to Star Trek in many ways. Basically it's a combo of the original and next gen with a comedy twist. Light upbeat and aspirational. But that is my opinion.

Comment

Hmmm...I might have to check this out. Seems to be getting good reviews...
        sigpic

Comment

It is getting ok reviews and better.. SO i might see it online after it airs on TV..

Comment

I enjoyed the first episode. I miss lighthearted sci-fi so this fits the bill for me. I will be watching it again this Sunday.

Comment

I didn't hate it. Seems like most of the gags from the trailer were from the first episode, so I'll be interested to see how subsequent episodes play out.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm glad this is moving to Thursdays nights. Too hard to reliably DVT it on Sunday, NFL games often run well past their allotted time. Last night, this didn't start till 8:48 Eastern

Comment

This last episode (103) was surprisingly good. While it remained fun, it tackled a moral dilemma worthy of Picard.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                    This last episode (103) was surprisingly good. While it remained fun, it tackled a moral dilemma worthy of Picard.
                    This show is more Star Trek than Star Trek is these days.

Comment

It tries to be a parody comedy of Star Trek while at the same tries to present modern sociological and cultural issues that the Star Trek franchise is known for.

On a less serious note, I really want to read the Ed Mercer law
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

So far I have liked the past 3 episodes. I saw that the critics hate the show...can't figure out why. It's not the best thing ever, but it is worth the hour of time it takes to watch it.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          This show is more Star Trek than Star Trek is these days.
                          I cannot yet truly say that. We'll see in a day or so.
                          That said, it's definitely a good enough Trek for me.

Comment

Just watched the pilot and I was kinda disappointed.
                            1- Lots of similarities with Trek.
                            2- Little or no creativity.
                            3- CGI is not so good.

It's not a very good space show, but I believe it's a good comedy show.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                              Just watched the pilot and I was kinda disappointed.
                              1- Lots of similarities with Trek.
                              2- Little or no creativity.
                              3- CGI is not so good.

It's not a very good space show, but I believe it's a good comedy show.
                              ^That's basically how I felt. I've only watched the first episode, and I think it's a pretty good comedy, but if I was to try and take it at all seriously as a sci-fi show I would hate it.
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't see this as a comedy. It has funny moments in it but i would not say it's a comedy.
                                At least it's not a dark drama about war or SGU style we are all going to die so lets have multi culture sex with everything that moves and lets pray for god in a group.

Orville is more like a happy space adventure without dark sad drama.

CGI part they wanted to make it like it was decades ago by using models and less green screen as possible. Thats not like Star Trek that is mostly made in green screen and as much CGI as they can make.
                                sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Working...
                                X