Black Lightning (New CW Show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Lightning (New CW Show)

Looks decent. Though is he a meta, or just tech enhanced? From the fact his daughter has it too, it seems lke it runs in the blood..

Comment

Wow, didn't realize there was no dedicated section for this show.

Watching season 3 now, very interesting with the whole occupation thing.

Comment

Okay the last episode annoyed me a lot. Hopefully, the next episode shows the characters talking and sharing information. It's a common trope in shows, especially with teens, that not everything just a little bit suspicious is shared.

Comment

My overall thoughts on the series:

* I love that it plans out each season with a specific storyline and each episode is a piece of that journey. Having shorter seasons means story arcs don't get dragged out.

* I love how Black Lightning isn't a new hero in this world, instead he was coming out of retirement.

* I love the mysteries and intrigue of the series.

* I love the family dynamics and characters. Though, if Gambi is part of the family, then he needs to show up at their house for dinner at least on occasion.

* I love how it weaves the issues that matter to the city's residents with the story arcs of the characters. From Black Lightning's return to policing are perfect for this. Other shows essentially separate the lives of the heroes and their journey from the city except only when to raise the stakes. In Black Lightning, it's part of parcel of the characters and their journey. The heroes don't live apart from their community, they are members and active/inactive participants in it.

Comment

I love, love, love... the new opening...

...But I need Black Lightning back in the streets of Freeland, and I need Odell out of business.

Spoiler:

The Markovians though... are we playing into their hands by evacuating the Meta's?
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks, I just noticed the new opening. I was just oblivious to it.

I don't like Odell's influence on Jen. And Harriet Tubman could tell who was wearing a mask? Also, why was he wearing a mask for the first time after so many missions without?

Tobias was SO creepy in the last episode, even though he was restrained.

Comment

Holy Crap! Black Lightning!

Spoiler:
                Red Skies! Parallel Earths...What!?

I loved the latest episode for being so connected with this year's crossover, something Supergirl didn't do during it's second season (first in the CW).

So glad to see Jen calling out the struggle between listening to Odel and understanding her father.
                Last edited by Mrja84; 16 December 2019, 11:08 AM. Reason: Add spoiler tags

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Holy Crap! Black Lightning! Red Skies! Parallel Earths...What!?
                  Eek! Spoilers!

But at least I know I shouldn't watch BL this week either as it seems to be connected with Crisis.

I'm a full season behind with both Arrow and The Flash so I have some catching up to do before I can watch Crisis.

I loved the latest episode for being so connected with this year's crossover, something Supergirl didn't do during it's second season (first in the CW).
                  Probably because of that exact reason. It was their first year under the CW umbrella of the Arrowverse.

Comment

That is about it for Crisis references
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      That is about it for Crisis references
                      Oh... okay...

Anyway, I'm 4 episodes of The Flash away from Crisis and then I have to catch up on 7 of Arrow.

But then I saw that Crisis is split between pre-hiatus and post-hiatus, with Arrow and Legends airing in January so do not have to hurry too much. Means the waiting time between hour 3 and 4 is not as long.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Oh... okay...
                        Sorry about that, I am used to the episode specific threads.

Comment

Sorry about that, I am used to the episode specific threads.
                          That's okay... no harm done.

Comment

Black Lightning coming back January 20th.

Comment

Oh, I thought they were finished for the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X