• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Final Battle, Part 2 (622)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON SIX
    THE FINAL BATTLE,
    PART 2

EPISODE NUMBER - 622
    Henry awakens to a cursed Storybrooke and discovers Emma has been in the mental hospital, and the Black Fairy is the new mayor. Henry attempts to help Emma regain her memory while Gold tries to find out what has really happened to Belle. Meanwhile, Snow, Charming, Regina, Zelena and Hook are trapped in a crumbling Fairy Tale Land and desperately try to figure out a way to be reunited with Emma and Henry. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

That was a good episode I'm so happy Rumble made the right choice FINALLY!! LOL it sure felt like a series finally. When it was showing the little girl I was wondering if there were 2 books or if she was going to pop up and give that to Henry albeit much before she actually did. I wonder where they are going to take it next season.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

It was a great finale and as I hoped Rumple did the right thing, though they ex-machina´d the heck out of that ending. The add-on for the next Season of course also lessend the joy of the happy ending. So for all they have been through, it only lasted till Henry grew up? The realm is in Danger...again?

Also who else was reminded of the painting "The last supper" by that last shot of our crew? I would say that was on purpose, but drawing a line between them and Jesus and his disciples is a little ridiculous.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I too got the last supper vibe.

and I do think this was a pseudo finale because, going by what I've read online a good chunk of the cast is not coming back next season....or not wanted back, so this seems like a soft reboot.

It was nice to see so many happy endings, and happy beginnings.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

...and they lived happily ever after.

But wait! There's more next season!

I also liked the ending and am looking forward to September.
          Total syffy posts: 36,690
          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
          Matthew 5:9

Comment

'Once Upon a Time' Creators Explain the "Next Chapter" to Come in Season 7

Who's coming back:
            Lana Parrilla as Regina Mills
            Robert Carlyle as Mr. Gold/Rumple
            Colin O’Donoghue as Killian/Hook

Who's leaving:
            Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
            Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White
            Josh Dallas as Prince Charming
            Rebecca Mader as Zelena
            Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills
            Emilie de Ravin as Belle
            Last edited by pscard; 17 May 2017, 07:13 AM.
            (Chosen One)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
              That was a good episode I'm so happy Rumble made the right choice FINALLY!! LOL it sure felt like a series finally. When it was showing the little girl I was wondering if there were 2 books or if she was going to pop up and give that to Henry albeit much before she actually did. I wonder where they are going to take it next season.
              Maybe its Storybrook 20 years later? BUT who would be that girls mom then?

I am also glad Rumple finally made the right call.. ANd loved that after emma willfully sacrificed herself like that, to defeat Gideon, he went back to being a baby.. nice touch.

And i was almost in tears seeing the dwarves restore Regina to her mayorhood, AND putting "queen" on the door like that.. Very nice touch.

Also who else was reminded of the painting "The last supper" by that last shot of our crew? I would say that was on purpose, but drawing a line between them and Jesus and his disciples is a little ridiculous.
              I got that myself. BUT i wondered, WHY were they all only eating on one side of the table? Why not mix it up all over??

Originally posted by pscard View Post
              Who's coming back:
              Lana Parrilla as Regina Mills
              Robert Carlyle as Mr. Gold/Rumple
              Colin O’Donoghue as Killian/Hook

Who's leaving:
              Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
              Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White
              Josh Dallas as Prince Charming
              Rebecca Mader as Zelena
              Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills
              Emilie de Ravin as Belle
              So if all of Henry's family is going (inc his young self) what family will be needing to get saved that the little girl claiming to be his daughter was on about?? And if Hooks still in it, why not Emma? Who will Hook be married to instead?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I got that myself. BUT i wondered, WHY were they all only eating on one side of the table? Why not mix it up all over??
                Again, that was on purpose, but for the life of me I cant imagine what the writers where going at.

So if all of Henry's family is going (inc his young self) what family will be needing to get saved that the little girl claiming to be his daughter was on about?? And if Hooks still in it, why not Emma? Who will Hook be married to instead?
                Given the last supper picture, maybe Emma goes the same way Jesus does and still dies shortly after. Again screwing this ending, but at that point I dont care anymore if that was the case.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

It's been noted that all of those that stay that were married, well their spouses are off the show. Hook and Gold both 'lose' their spouses.

It was hinted that Henry will be recast - which only makes sense because the actor grew faster than the character.

I can't disagree that the Charmings have kinda hit the end of their story.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    It's been noted that all of those that stay that were married, well their spouses are off the show. Hook and Gold both 'lose' their spouses..
                    That is kind of messed up.. Go through all the troubles both couples have had, to finally get married 2 eps ago (hook/emma, earlier in season for belle/gold iirc), and have it all borked up for the reboot..

Comment

I think this the whole soft reboot is messed up. They should of just ended the show
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe its Storybrook 20 years later? BUT who would be that girls mom then?

I think her mother is Violet. Henry dated her when she came to Storybrooke.

http://onceuponatime.wikia.com/wiki/Violet
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

That is kind of messed up.. Go through all the troubles both couples have had, to finally get married 2 eps ago (hook/emma, earlier in season for belle/gold iirc), and have it all borked up for the reboot..
                          I don't know it depends on how far this jump is is it 20 years or more if they were together for 20years before they died that's a good amount of time to have the "happy endings" back
                          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                          sigpic

Comment

Well if we have Henry 20+ in the future and Hook, Gold and Regina in the past then they could keep their happy endings and still make it work.

I gotta admit I'm a bit skeptical to have that many cast members leave and this huge of a reboot

I'd almost prefer a 'show ends and look, here's the spinoff' then a reboot

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I think this the whole soft reboot is messed up. They should of just ended the show
                              I agree. I would much rather they had just ended it on that high note.. Not buggered it up with a reboot.

Comment

Working...
                              X