X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's.. Plot holium..

Comment

Dammit, what a cop-out. I really thought Iris was dead. That sucks

Harrison Wells: these are good people. Really? His idea of good people and mine are a little different. Good people don't risk time itself to save one person, don't sacrifice one life for another. Supergirl is a hero (spoiler for Supergirl finale)
      Spoiler:
      she sacrificed the one she loved to save Earth and everyone on it. Barry would sacrifice time itself to save the one he loves

And now Barry has become stupid *facepalm*
      sigpic

Comment

It's a different plot. Savitar was never after destroying the whole city. It was always more personal
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Dammit, what a cop-out. I really thought Iris was dead. That sucks

Harrison Wells: these are good people. Really? His idea of good people and mine are a little different. Good people don't risk time itself to save one person, don't sacrifice one life for another. Supergirl is a hero (spoiler for Supergirl finale)
          Spoiler:
          she sacrificed the one she loved to save Earth and everyone on it. Barry would sacrifice time itself to save the one he loves

And now Barry has become stupid *facepalm*
          You really thought they were going to kill off the main character's love interest?

Well, far be it from me to defend all the bad decisions Barry has made but he did give up his life (or something to that effect) to stop the Speed Force from destroying the city.

Plus, Supergirl
          Spoiler:
          didn't actually kill Mon-El to save the city. He just had to leave the planet.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            Well, far be it from me to defend all the bad decisions Barry has made but he did give up his life (or something to that effect) to stop the Speed Force from destroying the city.

But that wouldn't have been necessary if he had not created flash point, kept time traveling even AFTER being warned not to by several people (inc the speed force) AND making that prison..

Comment

I believe that was after Flashpoint though
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                But that wouldn't have been necessary if he had not created flash point, kept time traveling even AFTER being warned not to by several people (inc the speed force) AND making that prison..
                Well yeah, that goes back to those bad decisions that I won't defend. In fact, I thought it was BS that Cisco, Diggle and the others forgave him for it all afterward (or at least so easily). But I was talking just in terms of what he was willing to sacrifice afterward compared to Supergirl.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  You really thought they were going to kill off the main character's love interest?

Plus, Supergirl
                  Spoiler:
                  didn't actually kill Mon-El to save the city. He just had to leave the planet.
                  Well I had hope she'd die. No such luck though *shrugs*

You mean he paid the price for screwing everything up in the first place. If he didn't mess with the timeline none of this would have happened, and to make matters worse the more he tried to fix it the bigger the mess he made. And H.R. paid with his life because of Barry's mistakes. He was told not to time travel numerous times, he even said he wouldn't time travel. We saw how long that lasted when he went back to get Snart. Totally disregarding what could happen if Snart got killed or something else happening. He could have irreversibly damaged time itself. He just didn't care about anything else other than saving Iris

And Supergirl
                  Spoiler:
                  that thing with the pod seemed like an afterthought to me, I don't know if the writers intended it that way or if it was poorly written. But at the time she didn't seem to think of the pod till later. She was ready to sacrifice him to save billions of people and that's the difference between Kara and Barry
                  sigpic

Comment

It's like Oliver said, we are not gods. We make mistakes with the best of intentions. And our mistakes have consequences. Talk to a first responder or a military leader. They have to make decisions all the time that could affect other people's lives. It's not that he doesn't care but as the future shows us, Iris's death affected more than one person
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      Well I had hope she'd die. No such luck though *shrugs*

You mean he paid the price for screwing everything up in the first place. If he didn't mess with the timeline none of this would have happened, and to make matters worse the more he tried to fix it the bigger the mess he made. And H.R. paid with his life because of Barry's mistakes. He was told not to time travel numerous times, he even said he wouldn't time travel. We saw how long that lasted when he went back to get Snart. Totally disregarding what could happen if Snart got killed or something else happening. He could have irreversibly damaged time itself. He just didn't care about anything else other than saving Iris
                      I agree. I would have actually LOVED it had it actually been Iris, not JR in disguise who got killed. That way he would have a personal stake in the ramifications of his own idiocy..

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      It's like Oliver said, we are not gods. We make mistakes with the best of intentions. And our mistakes have consequences. Talk to a first responder or a military leader. They have to make decisions all the time that could affect other people's lives. It's not that he doesn't care but as the future shows us, Iris's death affected more than one person
                      True, people make mistakes. BUT its pure idiocy or ego, when someone KEEPS making the same mistake over and over, AFTER already seeing that doing so has negative ramifications, AND MAKING a promise to not do so again, but continuing to do so, just 'cause its his loved one in jeopardy'...

Comment

The future shows us that ultimately Iris death is bigger than one life
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Only because the writers wrote it that way. How they can write Barry being wrong all the time, but still being written as a hero. They are just not making a living breathing world. The cast are toys being played with by a kid with no idea what consistency is.

Comment

Because it's more realistic. Even people who try to do the right thing screw up more times then they succeed
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                            X