No announcement yet.

Nevertheless, She Persisted (222)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are falling for the trap of thinking fans opinion matter in a TV show. My time on the Stargate board proves that is not true
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I think you are falling for the trap of thinking fans opinion matter in a TV show. My time on the Stargate board proves that is not true
      I don't know who do you speak of in Stargate, or which Stargate show, but there were other shows where this did happen. Like Nikki and Paulo who were introduced in Lost, people hated them, so they were killed off. Or Felicity Smoak on Arrow who was so well received, first by the producers and then by the fans, that she became first recurring then a regular.

So it does happen. Also not even the actors like Mon-El, not even CW if the rumors are true. (There was a convention the other day when they asked Mehcad Brooks what he thinks of Mon-El's back story, and his microphone suddenly lost power.)

Finally the comics, that Supergirl is based on has a character Mon-El who
      Spoiler:
      gets lead poisoning, the put in the Phantom Zone, until the 30th century when he joins the Legion of Super-Heroes.

which means the writers/producers can decide if they want to bring him back. And if they do, it won't be because the general audience wants him, but because Chris Wood has obviously something over the CW execs*

*Don't get me wrong, he is a nice guy, he was great in the Vampire Diaries, but he is practically in every CW show
      sigpic

Comment

It's called experience. I have been here a long time?. I can't speak for Lost but I know she didn't go from guest character to regular because of fan reaction. Networks use more statstical reliable methods. Pooling a bunch of fanboys and fangirls from the Internet or even a convention is skewed to say the least
        Jelgate is right

Comment

but I know she didn't go from guest character to regular because of fan reaction
          Then Berlanti must have lied.

Pooling a bunch of fanboys and fangirls from the Internet or even a convention is skewed to say the least
          There are more reliable ways to poll the GA about characters and the show. And Mon-El is conflicting at best. I don't know if the advanced screening was "fanboys and fangirls" only, but their reaction was quite explicit.
          Other than the "Karamel" shippers on Twitter I didn't see a lot of people praising his character. I must be moving in the wrong circles then.
          sigpic

Comment

I hope they don't find a way to fix it. He's a terribly written character and I don't want to spend another season watching him.

Also he never acted like any kind of hero. He pretty much done nothing to stop what was happening. His first instincts were to run. He hardly ever listened to Kara. It took Supergirl to stop the invasion after Mon-El had multiples opportunities to stop it
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Also he never acted like any kind of hero. He pretty much done nothing to stop what was happening. His first instincts were to run. He hardly ever listened to Kara. It took Supergirl to stop the invasion after Mon-El had multiples opportunities to stop it
              That made no sense when you first said it. It still makes no sense
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
              X