• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevertheless, She Persisted (222)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    NEVERTHELESS, SHE PERSISTED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 222
    After Rhea pits Kara against Superman himself, she takes the only option she can see: challenging the alien queen to single combat to save the planet. When the Luthers offer a deadly back-up plan, Supergirl faces the possibility that her future with Mon-El may be the price of saving her world.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 May 2017, 09:20 PM.

Nice ending.
    Supe vs supe.. Really LIKED the battle, but HATED the explaination given for WHY clarke was under Rhea's spell (Silver kryptonite, really??)
    Loved the quips between Cat and kara about "tell supergirl to get on olson about his guardian role.. "
    AND loved her quip to herself at the end "You go get em, supergirl".. SO SHE does know but is ok keeping it a secret.

Really hated that Mon-el had to leave like that, but was surprised that Kara actually pushed the button.. Especially as we've seen time and time again when it comes to family/loved ones, they often WILL not do the RIGHT thing.

And yet another 'escape pod with a baby in' really???/

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Nice ending.
      Supe vs supe.. Really LIKED the battle, but HATED the explaination given for WHY clarke was under Rhea's spell (Silver kryptonite, really??)
      Not the first time silver kryptonite has been used. In Smallville, Brainiac used it to make Clark paranoid. And as they kept mentioning, Daxam was in the same system, so it makes sense that a lot (relatively speaking) of chunks of Krypton would have ended up there.

Comment

I thought they said we were to get our hankies ready? For what exactly?

Thank you mummy Luthor and Lena for making that Lead contraption I would pardon Lillian for all crimes just for this alone Lena getting one over on her mum is always good to see Liked seeing Winn and Lena working together again. Would like to see them interact more and be all nerdy.

How come Kara is stronger than Clark? I'm not sure how Kryptonians work but I would have thought maybe Clark would have been stronger with him being on Earth longer and soaking up the rays of the yellow sun longer and also fighting as a super much longer too. And I thought Daxamites couldn't fly, just leap really really far.

They could have done without the bit at the end with Alex and Maggie, seemed like they just shoved it in there last minute to fill up space.

Well bye bye Mon-El Now maybe just keep Kara single for a while instead of having every guy that looks at her fall for her, or if you want to give her a love interest maybe go for someone that actually trusts and respects her and listens to what she says that would be great.

Oh how did the kryptonite get into the bloodstream? And does it have to be visible for it to have an affect?

Oh and what's the story with the baby at the end?
        Last edited by Linda06; 23 May 2017, 11:54 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          They could have done without the bit at the end with Alex and Maggie, seemed like they just shoved it in there last minute to fill up space.
          AND yet again, NO mention of any ramifications coming Alex's way for REFUSING to fire when she was ordered to do so, giving the Daximites time to shoot up the gun...

Comment

AND loved her quip to herself at the end "You go get em, supergirl".. SO SHE does know but is ok keeping it a secret.
            That's twice I've missed something at the end of this show 'cause when they start the relationship crap I head for the kitchen.

Comment

AND yet again, NO mention of any ramifications coming Alex's way for REFUSING to fire when she was ordered to do so, giving the Daximites time to shoot up the gun...
              Oh yeah, no ramifications for refusing to obey the president herself. So they can pretty much do what they want without any repercussions
              sigpic

Comment

I thought they said we were to get our hankies ready? For what exactly?

Thank you mummy Luthor and Lena for making that Lead contraption I would pardon Lillian for all crimes just for this alone Lena getting one over on her mum is always good to see Liked seeing Winn and Lena working together again. Would like to see them interact more and be all nerdy.

How come Kara is stronger than Clark? I'm not sure how Kryptonians work but I would have thought maybe Clark would have been stronger with him being on Earth longer and soaking up the rays of the yellow sun longer and also fighting as a super much longer too. And I thought Daxamites couldn't fly, just leap really really far.

Well bye bye Mon-El Now maybe just keep Kara single for a while instead of having every guy that looks at her fall for her, or if you want to give her a love interest maybe go for someone that actually trusts and respects her and listens to what she says that would be great.

Oh how did the kryptonite get into the bloodstream? And does it have to be visible for it to have an affect?

Oh and what's the story with the baby at the end?
                Not everyone has such a blind hate for Mon-El. I actually thought it was a little sad as their was a sacrifice to save the planet
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Not everyone has such a blind hate for Mon-El. I actually thought it was a little sad as their was a sacrifice to save the planet
                  I hate the way they wrote him, with no redeeming qualities, I also dislike the way they started writing Maggie and even James. For some weird reason I think the writing is much poorer in season 2 than it was in season 1
                  sigpic

Comment

I've been here for almost a decade. I am well versed with fans like you who passionately hate a character matter what
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

If Kara has to be with someone I'd hope it was someone who respected her and trusted her and not treated here like a damsel needing to be saved, who would also respect her as Supergirl
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, no ramifications for refusing to obey the president herself. So they can pretty much do what they want without any repercussions
                        Now i know Jon didn't know of that as he was comatose for it all, but you would think the OTHERS would know about it..

Comment

After the lead got released the Daxamite soldiers got beamed back up to the ships. Why didn't they beam up Rhea? And why did it take longer for t to hsve an affect on Mon-El? Was it because he was under the yellow sun for longer? Also wouldn't the lead have some kind of effect on humans? Will the lead eventually dissipate or is it in the atmosphere for good?

As much as I dislike Mon-El, Kara had to sacrifice him to save earth. I would have thought the last thing she'd want to hear is how proud they all are of her. The man she loved had to leave Earth with maybe no possibility of ever returning, If it was me I wouldn't want to be hearing that from everyone. Then Maggie telling Alex she'll be okay or something along those lines. Maybe in time she will but right now she's hurting badly and she needs support. Not people telying her she done the right thing
                          sigpic

Comment

After the lead got released the Daxamite soldiers got beamed back up to the ships. Why didn't they beam up Rhea? And why did it take longer for t to hsve an affect on Mon-El? Was it because he was under the yellow sun for longer? Also wouldn't the lead have some kind of effect on humans? Will the lead eventually dissipate or is it in the atmosphere for good?
                            I rather suspect they are going to be fighting with their version of the EPA for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              I rather suspect they are going to be fighting with their version of the EPA for quite some time.
                              Uh what's EPA?

I'd like to see Lena /Winn working together more
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X