Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resist (221)

Post Resist (221)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    RESIST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 221
    When Rhea launches a full-scale Daxamite invasion of Earth, the President orders the D.E.O. to use a powerful weapon against the mothership -- while Supergirl joins forces with an enemy to try and rescue Lena and Mon-El. Cat Grant returns to National City.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; May 23rd, 2017 at 08:44 AM.

Default Re: Resist (221)

After watching this episode, I really miss Cat Grant
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

I know, Rhea is a basic cardboard cutout "villainess" character, but Teri Hatcher does SUCH a good job at it. I think Rhea is my favorite bad guy of the series.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    After watching this episode, I really miss Cat Grant
    I loved how she handled herself, AND how she twigged guardian was olson, but i STILL can't figure out has she twigged on supergirl or not.. And if she has, WHY she is still playing so coy.

I also called it that any aliance with cadmus was gonna bite them. AND I REALLY hated watching Maggy and Alex, struggle with doing the ONE FRIKKEN thing they should both be good at. Following damn orders!

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I loved how she handled herself, AND how she twigged guardian was olson, but i STILL can't figure out has she twigged on supergirl or not.. And if she has, WHY she is still playing so coy.
    I think she saw how difficult it was for Kara when she confronted her about being Supergirl last season and decided to pretend she didn't know for Kara's benefit.

I LOVE CAT GRANT. I've missed her and her great advice and sassyness. Teri Hatcher is doing a great job as the villian. But leave my Lena alone. She's been through enough already, and if you want to get your frat boy son a wife look somewhere else. Lena would eat him for breakfast. She'd want a real man. Not some misogynistic idiot. She's smarter than that. But really, does Lillian actually still believe Lena doesn't know who Supergirl is? Of course she knows, and if the writers actually try and spin it that she doesn't know? Well they would be the dumbest writers on the planet after everything we've seen and heard this season. Surely they wouldn't dumb Lena down so much so they can try convince us she doesn't know.

The Alex/Maggie scenes were boring, so didn't really pay much attention to it mostly. But will Alex's refusal to follow orders finally catch up with her? She got away with almost betraying the DEO, now the President is directly involved I don't think J'onn can protect her from the fall-out

But badass Lena, dang that woman is scarily calm when in danger. I vote she wears red all the time from now on

Best things about the ep. Cat, Lena and Rhea I could have watched those 3 for the whole ep. The Presidents face though when Cat went off on Rhea though Priceless

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    But will Alex's refusal to follow orders finally catch up with her? She got away with almost betraying the DEO, now the President is directly involved I don't think J'onn can protect her from the fall-out
    If like last time when she let daddy go, she gets away with it, i am DONE with this show. I AM SICK to death of people that are supposed to be the good guys, breaking laws, disobeying rules/orders and such and CONTINUALLY getting away with it..

I LOVE CAT GRANT. I've missed her and her great advice and sassyness. Teri Hatcher is doing a great job as the villian. But leave my Lena alone. She's been through enough already, and if you want to get your frat boy son a wife look somewhere else. Lena would eat him for breakfast. She'd want a real man. Not some misogynistic idiot. She's smarter than that. But really, does Lillian actually still believe Lena doesn't know who Supergirl is? Of course she knows, and if the writers actually try and spin it that she doesn't know? Well they would be the dumbest writers on the planet after everything we've seen and heard this season. Surely they wouldn't dumb Lena down so much so they can try convince us she doesn't know.

The Alex/Maggie scenes were boring, so didn't really pay much attention to it mostly. But will Alex's refusal to follow orders finally catch up with her? She got away with almost betraying the DEO, now the President is directly involved I don't think J'onn can protect her from the fall-out

But badass Lena, dang that woman is scarily calm when in danger. I vote she wears red all the time from now on

Best things about the ep. Cat, Lena and Rhea I could have watched those 3 for the whole ep. The Presidents face though when Cat went off on Rhea though Priceless
    I think you are letting your dislike for Mon-El make up labels that aren't there
    Jelgate is right

If like last time when she let daddy go, she gets away with it, i am DONE with this show. I AM SICK to death of people that are supposed to be the good guys, breaking laws, disobeying rules/orders and such and CONTINUALLY getting away with it..
    Kinda like how the flash messes with the timeline constantly screwing up everyone's lives in the process and still thinks yes the good guy, the hero

I think you are letting your dislike for Mon-El make up labels that aren't there
    Not really. He's a fraud, a liar, a coward, egotistical, doesn't trust or respect Kara. Is not a hero, even if he thinks he is. Doesn't see any problems with objectivity women. Is jealous and possessive. Not the kind of person I'd want any young woman to be in a relationship with. And he doesn't listen to her. I'd like them if they had to give Kara a romantic interest, a man that is respectful, kind and trusts her and someone she can trust and respect in return. I feel sorry for her that she got stuck with him

If half of that stuff was true, he wouldn't turn his back on his people
    Jelgate is right

Wow, I tried watching this episode and I was just not able to get all the way through Cat Grant's reintroduction scene. The character grates on me that much. I was actually getting into the episode and she killed it my interest dead almost instantly.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Major General

Kinda like how the flash messes with the timeline constantly screwing up everyone's lives in the process and still thinks yes the good guy, the hero
    And didn't the speed force try to dick him over FOR doing just that? So he DID face repercussions from it.. THat's what i am saying. I am sick of these 'heroes' doing wrong/breaking oaths/disobeying orders etc, and just keeping on getting away with it scott free..

And didn't the speed force try to dick him over FOR doing just that? So he DID face repercussions from it.. THat's what i am saying. I am sick of these 'heroes' doing wrong/breaking oaths/disobeying orders etc, and just keeping on getting away with it scott free..
    Yet he's still messing with the timeline. Barry has done more damage than the villains have ever done.

But that really grated on me that Alex got away with almost betraying the DEO. She still defied orders and nothing happened to her, and to make matters worse Maggie encouraged her to go rogue

If half of that stuff was true, he wouldn't turn his back on his people
    His first instinct was to run away to another planet when his parents appeared. He ran away and left his people to die and lied about the whole thing to Kara for months only admitting it when he had no other option. How can anyone trust someone like that when lying comes so easy to them. He didn't even feel guilty about it

Not really. He's a fraud, a liar, a coward, egotistical, doesn't trust or respect Kara. Is not a hero, even if he thinks he is. Doesn't see any problems with objectivity women. Is jealous and possessive. Not the kind of person I'd want any young woman to be in a relationship with. And he doesn't listen to her. I'd like them if they had to give Kara a romantic interest, a man that is respectful, kind and trusts her and someone she can trust and respect in return. I feel sorry for her that she got stuck with him
    Well, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. And that's a mighty twisted tree on his mother's side.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Supergirl00210.jpg

My favourite scene. Lena sauntering past them to get the gun, then calm as you like. BANG. Then she swaggers away

His first instinct was to run away to another planet when his parents appeared. He ran away and left his people to die and lied about the whole thing to Kara for months only admitting it when he had no other option. How can anyone trust someone like that when lying comes so easy to them. He didn't even feel guilty about it
    So you have never done anything that you are ashamed of telling other people? Afraid that it will make them hate you? Lying is part of being human. We all lie to people. Reasons are just as important as lying
    Jelgate is right

So you have never done anything that you are ashamed of telling other people? Afraid that it will make them hate you? Lying is part of being human. We all lie to people. Reasons are just as important as lying
    It's the fact he lied about everything about himself, for months. Never felt guilty or ashamed about it. Didn't even see what the big deal was until he realised he was in danger of losing Kara. At the end of the day he didn't trust or respect Kara. Can any relationship survive when there's no trust? He lies so easily, how can anyone trust someone like that not to lie about something so big again? I know I'd find it hard to trust them after all that

That's complete BS. He liked about his upbringing because he was ashamed. But if you want to play that card , Kara doesn't truly trust him or a lot of people in that matter in how she thinks her way is the right way.
    Jelgate is right

But will Alex's refusal to follow orders finally catch up with her? She got away with almost betraying the DEO, now the President is directly involved I don't think J'onn can protect her from the fall-out
    You must be very bored of the show if you're this keen of getting rid of the lead character.
    I have to disappoint you, but your ploy to kill everybody but Lena Luthor won't make it The Luthor show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast