• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City of Lost Children (220)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    CITY OF LOST CHILDREN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 220
    When an alien from a normally peaceful race attacks a public square, James Olsen may be the only one who can find her by getting through to her son. Lena moves forward with her project with Rhea, unaware of the bigger consequences.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 08 May 2017, 08:51 PM.

I liked this ep. Loved the moral dilemma Olsen wrestled with in regards to his guardian alter ego.. AND How Lena could be hoodwinked like that??

BUT i really prayed that Mon el pulled that damn trigger.. BUT as we see in damn near all these shows. Familial ties often overrule common sense.

Comment

One thing i would also like to see explained.. WHERE and how all these damn refugees from all these other planets GOT here?

Comment

Moral dilemma? I think it was more a matter of just realizing that armored suit or not, he is NOT a superhero, he's just a plain old human, out of his league against superpowered aliens. Although he didn't outright say it, he didn't seem to like that Supergirl had to step in and save the day. In my opinion, it's a realization that is long overdue.

And yeah, you can't swing a dead cat in that show without hitting an alien. Heck, there's enough of them in that one city alone to support an "aliens only" bar. I think the writers have gone to that well a little too often.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          One thing i would also like to see explained.. WHERE and how all these damn refugees from all these other planets GOT here?
          Build a space wall
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Why does everyone betray my poor Lena. All she wants to do is help and do good but everyone betrays her or manipulates her in some way. I mean if she goes evil now I can't say I'd blame her. Hell I'd go evil if I had been through everything that she's went through. I still hope they don't go the "Super and Luthor are friends, Luthor betrays super and becomes evil yada yada yada". Booooriiiiiing. Now to have a Luthor and Super become great friends against all odds, now that I'd love to see. Lena and Kara have amazing chemistry on screen, best chemistry on the show at this present time. Please don't screw what could become a really good friendship up. Lena just wants to be loved and accepted
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Moral dilemma? I think it was more a matter of just realizing that armored suit or not, he is NOT a superhero, he's just a plain old human, out of his league against superpowered aliens. Although he didn't outright say it, he didn't seem to like that Supergirl had to step in and save the day. In my opinion, it's a realization that is long overdue.
              His logic for why he went guardian, was imo flawed, as it was based some what on a mix of envy and ego..
              BUT when he was working, he actually did help out. BUT the latter eps, showing some of those he helped FEAR him, made him question is he actually doing heroic stuff, or just beating people up...
              That's where the moral dilemma imo came in..

Comment

As I understand it, there are more than a few people in that universe who feared Supergirl and any other super-powered being. Didn't they do an arc about that in S1 ? So that fear is not unique to Olsen.

Comment

I don't remember that in S1, but the fear Olson got from what i saw, was more cause HE looked just like the baddies, as a thug.

Comment

I think he is talking about when Supergirl got affected with red kryptonite and went on a paranoid rampage
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Ahh.. Well, yes she was bad. BUT Oli is not bad yet he STILL got that look of revulsion from that woman he saved.

Comment

I wonder when Lena told Kara that she was a real Luthor
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I think he is talking about when Supergirl got affected with red kryptonite and went on a paranoid rampage
                          Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Ahh.. Well, yes she was bad. BUT Oli is not bad yet he STILL got that look of revulsion from that woman he saved.
                          Not just when Supergirl turned evil, but around that time, wasn't there an "equal rights for aliens" group or something active in their society, as a counter to groups that wanted all aliens deported? Didn't Lynda Carter in her role as President make mention of these groups, supporting the equal rights side? There must have been significant anti-alien sentiment in that society at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            Not just when Supergirl turned evil, but around that time, wasn't there an "equal rights for aliens" group or something active in their society, as a counter to groups that wanted all aliens deported? Didn't Lynda Carter in her role as President make mention of these groups, supporting the equal rights side? There must have been significant anti-alien sentiment in that society at the time.
                            Lynda Carter didn't show up until the 3rd or 4th episode this season.

Comment

Maybe it was this year. But there were organized groups of people who were anti-alien, and Carter's character was against them. Signed a law or something about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X