No announcement yet.

Gatecon 2018: The Invasion Sept 14-16, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to contact the person in charge of volunteers via FB since I'm not on the GC forum. I had originally signed up to volunteer, but I won't be attending Gatecon. I saw my name on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday volunteer schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
      Haven’t been on this site for a few years . But was sure that this page would be bursting out on messages ( a week ) before event. Am I the only excited one here . Ok , Spur of the moment impulse buy / couldn’t resist , Bought a ticket for Banquet .. Sweet .
      So what’s the plan ? When are people arriving.
      I'll be there with a friend, nerding out Stargate style. We'll be there late Thursday afternoon.
      Last edited by MonicaL; 08 September 2018, 10:22 AM.
      Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
      sigpic
      Lady Pandora
      Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
        Haven’t been on this site for a few years . But was sure that this page would be bursting out on messages ( a week ) before event. Am I the only excited one here . Ok , Spur of the moment impulse buy / couldn’t resist , Bought a ticket for Banquet .. Sweet .
        So what’s the plan ? When are people arriving.

*waves* hi there, thanks for the message....

Sadly I'm not going this time - got bitten badly when they announced MS and AT with the RDA one 2 years ago and sunk all my money into that one and a visit to Vancouver (and then both M and A pulled out)...since then my darling little Granddaughter Jessica was born and all my time, cash and love is being spent on this little angel...loving life as a Granny so Cons and other long distance trips are out atm as I can't bear to be away from her for more than a few days at a time, plus her Mummy and Daddy are both working every hour god sends to earn money to make a safe and comfortable place for her so I'm needed to babysit a lot...what a hardship - NOT!!

Hope you all have a great time, say "hi" to Michael for me - no, really please don't as that will annoy him (and some fans) but I'm sure it will be awesome to be back in Vancouver...still have many happy memories from the heady days of 07 and 08 with the Gang....

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Getting on my flight to Germany and then Vancouver on Tuesday. This will be my first Gatecon. I'm really looking forward to it, especially since both my favourite from SG-1 and my favourite from Atlantis will be there as well. :-)

Comment

I couldn't miss this, as may be the last Stargate con in Vancouver for a while I'm thinking, don't think I'll be able to make Chicago next year. Managed to get two days off work at our busiest time of the year so jumped in to get a con ticket 3 weeks ago. Managed to book a room in a nice B&B for half the price of a room in the Quality Inn I stayed in 2 years ago! It's just too much for me to drive home and back each day after a long day of con fun so I like to stay close and hang out with people instead.

Seems like fewer attendees this time round as in the past I doubt I would have got a Silver ticket 3 weeks before the con. I got a banquet ticket and then found out thanks to Atlantia that I had been randomly selected with some others to sit at the 'Platinum' table! I don't know what this gets me but I presume it may involve sitting with some of the guests who are attending.

Hopefully I get to meet those here who are going.

Comment

Originally posted by Garan View Post
              This will be my first Gatecon.
              And unless they changed their mind about organizing them, or they found someone else to do it, it will also be your last.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                And unless they changed their mind about organizing them, or they found someone else to do it, it will also be your last.
                Oh, that's a shame. It's a good thing I'm going this year, then.

Comment

Oh, that's a shame. It's a good thing I'm going this year, then.
                  I don't know for sure, but I do remember they stopped doing them a few years ago, when stargate went off the air...
                  I think this is a special edition.

Eh.... you still have to pay extra for autographs and photos on top of those freakin' expensive tickets?!? Wha...!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    I don't know for sure, but I do remember they stopped doing them a few years ago, when stargate went off the air...
                    I think this is a special edition.
                    But wasn't that the Creation cons? Wasn't there a Gatecon in Vanvouver in 2016? I thought I read it somewhere, or I could have been dreaming...

Comment

But wasn't that the Creation cons? Wasn't there a Gatecon in Vanvouver in 2016? I thought I read it somewhere, or I could have been dreaming...
                      The last official Stargate convention by Creation in the Vancouver area was in 2012. I was there. There was a Gatecon 2016 for the first time since 2010. I had attended Gatecon 2008 but not 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                        The last official Stargate convention by Creation in the Vancouver area was in 2012. I was there. There was a Gatecon 2016 for the first time since 2010. I had attended Gatecon 2008 but not 2010.
                        Nope, I was definitely thinking about Gatecon, and see, there was a gap. Just couldn't remember where.

There has never been an exclusive stargate con in any of my regular neighborhoods. There's a new one Cal Mah, but they are just a little too expensive compared to the guestlist.

And any other con in my nexk of the woods are general comic-con like events with different sort of guests. Tony Amendola will be in Belgium this weekend for Antwerp Comic Con. Might or might not go -- don't know yet.

Comment

There was a Gatecon scheduled in 2014 at the Holiday Inn at Brentford Lock in London but was cancelled. Many who bought tickets and airfare went anyway as a meetup.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                            There was a Gatecon scheduled in 2014 at the Holiday Inn at Brentford Lock in London but was cancelled. Many who bought tickets and airfare went anyway as a meetup.
                            Can't remember what I was up to in 2014 but didn't know that.

Not attending Antwerp Comic-Con. Have to prep our Millenium Falcon cockpit for a convention at the end of the month. Lots of work still to do, especially since some pieces we had in the States are no longer included -- they wouldn't let us keep the screen-used steering sticks.

Comment

Working...
                            X