No announcement yet.

Gatecon 2018: The Invasion Sept 14-16, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd imagine those that have waited may now want to save their money for 2019 and the Special Anniversary Convention that Creation are putting on in Chicago in June 2019, "Gateway - A Salute to Stargate"...Joe Flanagan and Amanda Tapping already confirmed as guests..

No page yet or tickets on sale but here's the link to the page it's mentioned on

https://www.creationent.com/calendar.htm#gatewaychi
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
      That sounds like the rules from 2016. I've already contacted Fryn and Richard.

* I know that two Platinum ticket holders had to cancel and they aren't getting a refund
      I plucked it from the general Terms and Conditions page -- which doesn't have a specific date attached to it.

Seems like that's a rather stupid thing. From the rest of the page it seems that tickets can be "resold" to people on the waiting list, with a refund for the cancelling party. I mean, those tickets are freakishly expensive from my point of view, so a refund would at least be considered -- with perhaps a loss of transfer or whatever cost.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
        I'd imagine those that have waited may now want to save their money for 2019 and the Special Anniversary Convention that Creation are putting on in Chicago in June 2019, "Gateway - A Salute to Stargate"...Joe Flanagan and Amanda Tapping already confirmed as guests..

No page yet or tickets on sale but here's the link to the page it's mentioned on

https://www.creationent.com/calendar.htm#gatewaychi
        Thanks, I'll be ready

Comment

Chris Judge announced for Friday and Saturday...

https://twitter.com/GateconE/status/1027281406207188992
          sigpic

Comment

I'm so looking forward to this! I wasn't into cons when the franchise was on TV, and missed my chance to tour the stages or see the stars back then. I've a friend going up with me, and I can't wait. Sure, it's expensive, but it's only a drive away from me and I'm too far away for DragonCon or the Creation one, so I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to go and see so many of those who made the Stargate franchise so great.
            Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
            sigpic
            Lady Pandora
            Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

I’m ON my way . Flights and accommodation paid in full .. However,, Slight hic-cup as my air b&b might be canceled.. ( Park Bench ) Can’t wait to meet everyone.
              CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
              Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
              Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
              Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
              Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
              Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Aw man, I wish I could be there, especially with all that teasing about an announcement. Unfortunately, living on the other side of the globe with a lack of ring or beaming transporters (and a passport, stupid me), I can't go...

It's probably the most disappointing thing in my life up to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                  Aw man, I wish I could be there, especially with all that teasing about an announcement. Unfortunately, living on the other side of the globe with a lack of ring or beaming transporters (and a passport, stupid me), I can't go...

It's probably the most disappointing thing in my life up to this point.
                  It's waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive to go -- that's basically it for me.

I mean, David Tennant who plays Doctor 10 and happens to be my favorite Doctor so an autograph would be sweet but when he's in Belgium in 24 days from now, I will happily not go for one cause there's no chance in hell I'm paying 100 euros for it. John Barrowman only asks 45 euro.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I mean, David Tennant who plays Doctor 10 and happens to be my favorite Doctor so an autograph would be sweet but when he's in Belgium in 24 days from now, I will happily not go for one cause there's no chance in hell I'm paying 100 euros for it. John Barrowman only asks 45 euro.
                    Is that how much he charges for an autograph??? Wow, that's pretty pricey. I'll see him the week after gatecon, but at least now I have an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
                      Is that how much he charges for an autograph??? Wow, that's pretty pricey. I'll see him the week after gatecon, but at least now I have an idea.
                      Yes, his asking price for an autograph runs between 100 and 120 euros.
                      There's also a photo-op which goes at the same price, so everyone who's going 2-for-2 will have spend 200 euros on him, and considering they have had to add 2 extra photoshoots on Saturday (the only day he'll be there), I'd say he's walking out with a little over 120,000 in earnings (counting approx 200 photo-op tickets per session and the same amount for autographs, but autographs will probably be more) -- possible around 150,000 euros for one convention day.

In comparison, there's also Jennifer Morrison (50 euros), John Barrowman (55 for photo and 45 for autograph), Tom Felton (75 for photo, and 70 for autograp), and 2 voice actors (from Mario Bros and Overwatch), and they go for 30 and 35.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Yes, his asking price for an autograph runs between 100 and 120 euros.
                        There's also a photo-op which goes at the same price, so everyone who's going 2-for-2 will have spend 200 euros on him, and considering they have had to add 2 extra photoshoots on Saturday (the only day he'll be there), I'd say he's walking out with a little over 120,000 in earnings (counting approx 200 photo-op tickets per session and the same amount for autographs, but autographs will probably be more) -- possible around 150,000 euros for one convention day.

In comparison, there's also Jennifer Morrison (50 euros), John Barrowman (55 for photo and 45 for autograph), Tom Felton (75 for photo, and 70 for autograp), and 2 voice actors (from Mario Bros and Overwatch), and they go for 30 and 35.
                        Considering Tennant plays Scrooge McDuck in the new DuckTales, not at all surprising

Comment

Haven’t been on this site for a few years . But was sure that this page would be bursting out on messages ( a week ) before event. Am I the only excited one here . Ok , Spur of the moment impulse buy / couldn’t resist , Bought a ticket for Banquet .. Sweet .
                          So what’s the plan ? When are people arriving.
                          Last edited by Master Bray Tack; 06 September 2018, 02:19 PM. Reason: My emojis were edited by ??? Marks ..
                          CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                          Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                          Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                          Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                          Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                          Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
                            Haven’t been on this site for a few years . But was sure that this page would be bursting out on messages ( a week ) before event. Am I the only excited one here . Ok , Spur of the moment impulse buy / couldn’t resist , Bought a ticket for Banquet .. Sweet .
                            So what’s the plan ? When are people arriving.
                            Possibly because there are very few people here actually going to that event. Reasons mentioned above.
                            I'm bursting with excitement to be meeting Jennifer Morrison and John Barrowman at the end of the month.

Couldn't be bothered with Gatecon quite the same way. It is literally way too expensive to even think about visiting.

If you're looking for excitement, I don't think you'll find it here, which does seem odd perhaps since we're all stargate fans.

Comment

This forum is pretty quiet these days...the Facebook page "Gatecon Gategoers" seems to have most replies from those that are going
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                                This forum is pretty quiet these days...the Facebook page "Gatecon Gategoers" seems to have most replies from those that are going
                                Episode threads are active, and games and off topic... (I think)

Comment

Working...
                                X