SGA Comics vs Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Hmm.. what? You are involved in the production of these comics? Didn't know that, that's awesome. Give me links and I'll look if I'm interested.
    Ah no... not involved with them. Not even close.
    If I were though, that would be cool.

But I'm always happy to spread the word. Return the favor to the creators with whom I recently had a very nice twitter exchange. They are good people. Much nicer than the selectively-deaf-and-ignore-the-fans-nothing-remotely-good Command people.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Ah no... not involved with them. Not even close.
      If I were though, that would be cool.

But I'm always happy to spread the word. Return the favor to the creators with whom I recently had a very nice twitter exchange. They are good people. Much nicer than the selectively-deaf-and-ignore-the-fans-nothing-remotely-good Command people.
      Well fact remains your nice Twitter people made a deal with the SG:C.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Well fact remains your nice Twitter people made a deal with the SG:C.
        They have a license agreement with MGM, which basically means that MGM can do with those comics as they please.

They can also revoke the license, or decide not to continue it. Discontinuing can also be done by AM obviously.

Considering the amount of royalties MGM asks on top of that license, it would be miracle at best if AM would continue creating these if MGM just continues to put them online for "free" reading. Because you can bet on it, that premium members are less inclined to actually buy the comics when they can read them for a yearly fee of 20 dollars.

The comic-collection SGU ep 1 to 6 in one copy costs the same amount.
        No way, AM will make more money from this. On the contrary, it will be less this way.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Totally agree. Been better if they published the older Avatar and Dynamite comics online then promoted buying the new trades from American Mythology.

Comment

Personally I chose the comics as my head canon because I stopped getting the novels when they switched to print on demand so only got the first 2 books in that series
            Cast I've met: Richard Dean Anderson , Amanda Tapping , Michael Shanks , Christopher Judge , Lexa Doig, Alexis Cruz, Michael Rooker, Sean Patrick Flanery, Paul McGillion , Jason Momoa , Jewel Staite

Comment

Working...
            X