Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusty!

G'day,

Twelve's second story saw a Good Dalek going off to destroy a mothership full of Daleks...

Did he survive?

The Doctor postured that just one Good Dalek may be an amazing thing... Did Moffat have a plan for Rusty? If so - basically he's got this season to see it into fruition... yet by the looks of things, we're not getting a full Dalek story this season..?

Perhaps like a few RTD loose bookends, we'll never know... or perhaps Rusty will appear in another showrunner's era... Or - never again...

Cheers

cosmic
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Moffat has no plans.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I got a chance to watch one of the early version of the episodes( and I mean where half the scenes are black and white, still has unpolished CGI, and half the lines had not been recorded yet and needed subtitles) and in that it had a scene where Rusty beams himself onto a Dalek ship and uses his little pinball things to self destruct and destroy the ship. That scene had been removed from the final ep.

So even if he has no plans, that doesn't mean some other writer won't decide to pick up Rusty.

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Would anyone care at this point, though? I doubt we'll see the Paternoster Gang ever again, let alone Rusty.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

As much as I'd love to see Rusty again, I doubt we will. Tough it's worth noting that, as StargateMillennium explained, they specifically kept the possibility open in the final version compared to an early working version by cutting the scene where Rusty self-destructed to blow up the Dalek ship from the inside. The final version also added an "Until next time" comment from the Doctor when he walked away, which wasn't in the early version.

Still, Moffat probably has forgotten about Rusty, and there doesn't seem to be a proper Dalek episode this series anyway. He could feature in the Christmas special, but most probably won't. And then, I agree with Rushy: It seems unlikely Chibnall will bring him back either after so many years... I doubt we'll ever see him again except in fanfiction and possibly spin-off media. (Give me your Rusty-centred spin-off, please! )
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X