Jelly Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelly Babies

I found some bags of jelly babies on amazon, question, which company makes the "genuine" jelly baby, that is to say which company made jelly babies back when our doctor had them on him ALL the time?

I want to get the real ones to see if they are any good or do I need to try another company's brand.

Bassetts.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yup, the best Jelly Babies
      sigpic

Comment

Allens also make Jelly babies
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
          Yup, the best Jelly Babies
          thanks, I ordered them today, hope they will be good.

Comment

I can't help but ponder...

I'm pretty sure (for no real reason) that the telemovie jelly babies were not "classic" jelly babies...

So, that would mean the last jelly baby seen on WHO in the classic era would have been... Tom's last season some time... or there abouts... Let's say, 1980.

It's now 2017...

I'm sure a lot of products are made the same way today as they were 40 years ago... But, there's gotta be a fair chance the production process has changed... Even packaging could have changed, which to anyone who remembers the old plastic bags that chips/crisps etc used to be packaged in, will mean a lot, because when they changed to the new foil/plastic bags, the taste of the content changed...

I point all of this out of course, knowing full well - hey, I'd love to get some of those Jelly Babies too!
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
              But, there's gotta be a fair chance the production process has changed... Even packaging could have changed, which to anyone who remembers the old plastic bags that chips/crisps etc used to be packaged in, will mean a lot, because when they changed to the new foil/plastic bags, the taste of the content changed...
              Oh I'm sure you're right. Tom Baker always having them in the paper bag/wax sheet, to me, brings to mind that they'd have come from a 'mom and pop' candy store where they'd serve and bag it for you. Not like today where they come in the yellow plastic bag at any convenience store you come across.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                I can't help but ponder...

I'm pretty sure (for no real reason) that the telemovie jelly babies were not "classic" jelly babies...

So, that would mean the last jelly baby seen on WHO in the classic era would have been... Tom's last season some time... or there abouts... Let's say, 1980.
                1979. I distinctly remember him not offering anyone a single jelly baby in his final season.

Anyway, I first had jelly babies last year and really liked them. I grew up on gummy bears-worms, but I definitely prefer jelly babies, they're a lot tastier.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

ok, now you guys are getting me really wondering just what they are going to be like, it is going to be a while before they get here, next month maybe.

Comment

Geez, where you live and where you order them from? thats a long time
                    sigpic

Comment

He lives far from the Great Mines of Jelly Babia.

Comment

Ahhhh now i see

And by the time he gets them they will be all growed up

More Jelly, YAY
                        sigpic

Comment

Ahhhh now i see

And by the time he gets them they will be all growed up

More Jelly, YAY

sadly, it is true, the babies will more than likely be full grown by the time they get here, which is ok, I prefer my babies full grown, just like veal, I mean, tortured baby cow, I don't like veal very much, it has a strange taste, I just hope they don't have TOO strange a taste, I don't mind a strange taste, like dunking dominos pizza crust, with out the garlic stuff on it, in to a glass of coke, it tastes strange, but good.

they say to expect delivery around May 24 - Jun 15
                          Last edited by epg20; 07 May 2017, 10:29 PM.

Comment

You must live in Narnia Are you going to bite the heads off first? There is a ritual to eating them that you must adhere to
                            sigpic

Comment

You must live in Narnia Are you going to bite the heads off first? There is a ritual to eating them that you must adhere to
                              oh really, what might that be?

I just thought I would treat them like gummy bears, just pop them in my mouth and let them slowly dissolve, chewing makes them go so quickly.

here is how to reach me, first go past the moon, take titans turn, then go to the second star to the right and straight on till morning, after morning take a hard left at epsilon three,go to sigma 957, then head past the south pole, go on for at least five or six realities, if you reach Dog Doo 8, you might meet the planet express crew there, they can give you directions to wolf three five nine, then it is a straight shot back to earth, it is the only way to reach here, then once you have done all that they will just need to shove it in the mail box, I hope they will be ok, I will have waited a long time for those gummies.
                              Last edited by epg20; 08 May 2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X