• Time
  • Show
Clear All

either way it wouldnt be nice on a PB&J sarnie
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
      Yeah but American jelly is, i think, what we call jam, is it not
      my mom used to make both jelly and jam, the only REAL difference is the fiber content, she used to put the fresh plums in the pot, cook it down and remove most of the fiberous bits, skins, seeds, then put the juice in the fridge over night and let the solids settle out in to the bottom of the bowl, then we would carefully use a measuring cup to scoop out the clarified juice, that was the part that would become the jelly, the solids that fell to the bottom would become the jam, and that is the only REAL difference between the two.
      Last edited by epg20; 19 May 2017, 10:29 PM.

Comment

But you cant spread jelly on bread, it would fall off
        sigpic

Comment

That is half the fun of it.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

But you cant spread jelly on bread, it would fall off
            it all depends on how thick it is, my mom once used too much pectin, and over cooked a batch of jelly, and we still ate it, because it was wasteful to just throw it out, it was black-ish, and had a strong taste, and it was so thick it almost bent the spoons I used to dig it out.

but

this is the only way I can show you what jelly and jam is, first there is this:

Jelly

“Jelly is made from the juice of the fruit only. Fruit is crushed, strained, and then is boiled with sugar and pectin in order to make a spreadable product,” Tucker says. Because all of the chunks of fruit are filtered out, anything from apricot to pear jelly has the same smooth finish when spread.

Jam

“Jams are purées made with fruit; they are thick, but not as firm as jellies,” says Jeff Klean of Lu Austin Preserves. They actually contain crushed fruit pulp, so finished gourmet jams contain bits of fruit and sometimes seeds. If you spread preserves on your toast and it’s a little chunky and uneven, call it jam.

and this is grape jelly:

http://www.welchs.com/products/jams-...rd-grape-jelly
            order here:

https://jet.com/product/Smuckers-Con...dc9df83ce06f18
            you can order some and see for your self, yes, you can open the jar and spread it directly on to a piece of untoasted plain white bread, it is easier than spreading peanut butter, grape jelly is one of the most common early foods that kids get started out on.
            Last edited by epg20; 20 May 2017, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Our jam is the nice spreadable one with bits in, jelly is the smooth one and it wobbles to the touch, just as your jello does, so, is it jam or jello you put on your sarnies?
              sigpic

Comment

Our jam is the nice spreadable one with bits in, jelly is the smooth one and it wobbles to the touch, just as your jello does, so, is it jam or jello you put on your sarnies?
                think loose jello, jello that hasn't fully solidified, but is close to being solidified , that is pretty close to what I am talking about.

Comment

Cant you make a solid jelly and slice it and put it on ya bread, save ya spreading it then
                  sigpic

Comment

Cant you make a solid jelly and slice it and put it on ya bread, save ya spreading it then
                    oh no no no no, that would be god awful, not to mention, make a big mess, you want it thin, paper thin almost, you want to try and get a balance between the jelly and the peanut butter, that way you get a nice balance between the two and one doesn't over power the other.party0006.gif

Comment

*clonks the mad banana*

Ummm, it is something i have never tried, its tempting
                      sigpic

Comment

*clonks the mad banana*

Ummm, it is something i have never tried, its tempting
                        you should, find a jelly, or jam, it is up to you, what ever you like the best, and give it a try.

as for the banana, it is in reference to an old meme that went viral, the full thing is somewhat annoying, but the family guy one is funny.

Last edited by epg20; 23 May 2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Oh, he'd get the baseball bat alright, jeez
                          sigpic

Comment

Well if you watch Family Guy on a regular basis you Brain is by now a poor grade jelly.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

I couldn't believe what I found you want gummies, here is the ultimate gummy.

https://www.amazon.com/Giant-Gummy-B...ds=gummy+bears

Comment

In the Doctor Who: The Official Cookbook: 40 Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Recipes there is a recipe for jelly babies. I can't remember which page it's on but it says you need a jelly baby mold.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                                X