Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Woman Who Lived.

Hi,

I recently purchased the 9 DVD set for the Doctor's first nine seasons (c2005-c2014.)

In watching The Woman Who Lived, when Ashielda/Me was alone with the Doctor, her theme resonated with me as US Western.

I just found the link I was looking for - Howard Hawks/John Wayne movie "Rio Lobo" (1970) the opening shows a hand tapping on an acoustic guitar. Once the beat is established, the first dozen or two notes seem to me (tone deaf as I am) to be identical to the Dr Who music for Asheilda/Me's first dozen or two notes.

Is it just me or or does anyone else notice this?

Doug vV

G'day Doug,

Youtube is your friend...

I've heard acoustic versions of the WHO theme (including as played by my amazing niece), and... Sorry - I don't hear it!

cheers

cosmic
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      G'day Doug,

Youtube is your friend...

I've heard acoustic versions of the WHO theme (including as played by my amazing niece), and... Sorry - I don't hear it!

cheers

cosmic
      Hi,

I must not be getting it clear. It is not the Dr Who theme, it is the music that plays when Ashielda/Me shows up - her theme in the first appearance as Me.

Sorry about that.

On one of the DVDs, the music fellow talks about writing the themes for the background when different character's show up. Such as Roses' theme, Donna's theme, etc.

I may still not be able to describe it. I do not know how to capture the theme in the episode and put it next to Rio Lobo.

Sorry about wasing space.

Doug vV

Comment

Ahhh my bad! I get you now. "Ashilda's theme"... I'll have to find that one to compare to the other one...
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Ashildr
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
          X