Default Ancient Rings - Stargate MMO

https://26horses.com
    http://facebook.com/ancientrings

Begin an adventure that will make you wanting more! Several people escaped from earth through the stargate while earth was under siege by an unknown enemy. With the alpha site destroyed as well. Their only hope was to escape to a planet where Earth was last excavating for naqahdah. Besides the dreadful news of having to leave their home planet. A sun flare caused the entire survival of humanity expedition to be sent back in time a few 1000 years. While cut off from earth and trapped in another time. The travellers must figure out a way to contact the Asgard to aid in sending them back to their time line. The crew are well equipped but limited on supplies. They manage to bring a few puddle jumpers, a couple light armor vehicles and brave soldiers to defend them selves against any enemies they may encounter. The group needs heroes to step forward and exert them selves by traveling through the great ancient ring to explore the galaxy in search for hope and answers.

Default Re: Ancient Rings - Stargate MMO

Character Select Screen

Harvesting and trade skills
    Just finished harvesting in Ancient Rings and moving on to finish up players inventory. Players will be able to gather information on artifacts, mine metals, harvest herbarium specimens and collect different types of remnants scattered across a planets surface. This is just a test artifact in this video. I haven't figured out what artifacts will be shown for this planet yet. I almost have all 4 characters 100% done. Just gotta tie up a few loose ends. In this video you will notice the staff whips around to much while running and there is a texture issue with his shoulders that needs attending. I'll be coming back to that in a few days and then start wrapping some stuff up to show everyone some videos of the weapons in the game.

Asgard Character
    As the game is starting to really move fast in development. I've decided to take some time out to mention stuff that has been decided and is solid in the game as of this moment.
    There is so much stuff to talk about though so I'll slowly keep releasing information as I post pictures.

Its been decided that when Ancient Rings launches into Alpha testing max level will be level 10 at first. This will allow a faster test release. A lot of stuff are solid now. Things like.... Each of the 4 playable characters will get up to 5 weapons each while getting a new weapon every 5 levels. So players will get 3 weapons at first. Each character will also get up to 10 abilities too. Abilities are clickies and weapons are things you point and shoot etc.. Abilities can be from enhancements, pets, cloaking stuff like that. The plan is to release the game into alpha with 3 finished planets and 600 quests.

There are 4 stats in the game. Health, Shield, Provisions and Stamina. There will be two types of shields in the game Orange and blue. Orange shields only deflect fast moving projectiles and blue will block everything. So far only the Asgard character will get a blue shield as an ability. Weapons consume provisions and abilities consume stamina as well as sprinting. All characters can have shields if they choose to. There will be a trade off between different stats. Like shield vs armor for example. As mentioned above the standard shield only deflects against fast moving projectiles where armor decreases damage of anything. So you won't find items in the game that has tons of shield and armor.

Trade Skills!!!! Trade skills will be in the game. It has finally been decided. Also the best items in the game will be made from trade skills. A character can only have one trade skill as well. Players will use trade skills to provide upgrades for characters and their ships. The worlds are quite large so ships are pretty handy. Even if you don't have a ship no worries. Give a player some coin and maybe they will drop you off where you need to be. It will be important to find transportation with a player with a good ship. Other wise it may be a one way trip for you and the transporter When grouping with your friends it will be important to land your ship away from patrols or the patrols may over ride the level of security of your ship and take control of it leaving you to go track it down somewhere on the planet.

The longer you fight on a planet the greater chance of increasing your hate against the planet. Achieving objectives can help calm these things down or talking to certain Npc's. If your hate gets to large though not even leaving the planet will protect you. Some planets will place bounties on your head and will track you down where ever you may be.

If you are a big Stargate Fan boy then this game is going to be heaven to you. Its gonna give you chills, sleepless nights and more adventure then your heart can desire. The game takes place 1000 years back when the Goa'uld are at war with the Furlings. You will witness great loss from civilizations at the hands of the Goa'uld as will as solving the trouble issues that exists on planets cut off from the main storyline. You will get lost in this game but will find your stargate fan boy somewhere out on a remote planet battling the Goa'uld or other threats where ever they may be.

Silly Dancing
    Just messing around with some dance moves for social inner action for players. Dancing is a good way to test out my characters. I've already noticed a couple issues. Either way i put this together for your enjoyment.

Inventory System
    Finishing up the inventory for the game. Still need to add inventory sounds, stat updates, item view, drag-able inventory bags and tie up a couple loose ends. The Asgard model is being changed to a different one due to issues with the model. The new Asgard look will actually look much more closer to the series as well so thats a plus. Should be completely done with inventory in a day or so.

Follow our news at our new website https://26horses.com/news
    Or other social sites

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/26horses
    Facebook https://www.facebook.com/26horses
    Twitter https://twitter.com/26horses

Character Select Screen

Last edited by SystemLords; June 21st, 2018 at 09:26 AM.