West end games kept Starwars alive!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West end games kept Starwars alive!!

How a little known game company, supposedly kept the fan love for starwars alive!

http://www.glixel.com/news/how-a-dd-...e-dead-w457301

Any gamer who has been around for awhile knows W.E.G.
    Did fantasy flight loose the SW licence?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Any gamer who has been around for awhile knows W.E.G.
      Did fantasy flight loose the SW licence?
      Not sure, but I don't think so. They released an Episode 7 game last September, so I would assume they're still part of the new/Disney marketing push.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

From what I recall {feel free to correct if I'm wrong} WEG lost the license to produce Star Wars RPG books to Wizards of the Coast {WotC} who in turn ended their term with the license back in I think 2010-12 ?? Fantasty Flight Games still makes and produces the current edition of the Star Wars RPG {Which peersonally is easier to play than first glance}

Again, feel free to correct if I am wrong on this

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

You are right Princess.
          The FF RPG uses a variation on the WFRP system doesn't it?
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know that WEG 'lost the license' so much as they 'went out of business.'

I'd forgotten all about WOTC though.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really enjoyed the D6 SW, I still have my Sabacc deck from Crisis on cloud city
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                I really enjoyed the D6 SW, I still have my Sabacc deck from Crisis on cloud city
                The star wars artist guild made a set too.. And imo much better quality. I will see if i can locate mine and make some screen caps of it for ya.

Comment

Working...
                X