dial the gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dial the gate

I saw this a bunch of times, but never saw it, this is from the first episode of them dialing the gate.
    Last edited by epg20; 31 July 2017, 10:52 PM.

Hi, I am having trouble understanding your comment/question. Not sure if I would know the answer but could you elaborate?

Comment

The keyboard with gate coordinate characters instead of the usual letters. Can't say I ever noticed so good catch!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quantumentanglement View Post
        Hi, I am having trouble understanding your comment/question. Not sure if I would know the answer but could you elaborate?
        what maneth said, it was just something I noticed, I don't think we ever saw it again and I thought it was cool and thought I would share.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          The keyboard with gate coordinate characters instead of the usual letters. Can't say I ever noticed so good catch!
          thanks.

Comment

Wow I've never noticed that. That is cool.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
              what maneth said, it was just something I noticed, I don't think we ever saw it again and I thought it was cool and thought I would share.
              Got it. Thank you.

Comment

I didn't notice that before either, I even sat in 'Walter's' seat and didn't notice that on the keyboard when I visited the set! It's funny how the brain doesn't take in subtle changes to familiar things sometimes! I guess that's why changing the 'm' and 'n' keys on keyboards is such an old successful joke lol!

Comment

saw it again, in the episode serpent song- at 41:55 when martuth tells them where they can send him, it isn't as visible as the one I posted, but you can tell.

Comment

Hi,

Great catch.

I recall the mid-1980s at the computer trade shows (like Comdex) that one company had a bowl full of red keyboard like "ANY" keys for free. I got one and put it on the Automatic Test Equipment for testing electrical circuit boards. Got a few laughs.

When you think of the slips we see (such as a solid concrete floor between the hall and the elevator), this is a great detail.

Doug vV

Comment

Originally posted by edgarcorny View Post
                      Hi,

Great catch.

I recall the mid-1980s at the computer trade shows (like Comdex) that one company had a bowl full of red keyboard like "ANY" keys for free. I got one and put it on the Automatic Test Equipment for testing electrical circuit boards. Got a few laughs.

When you think of the slips we see (such as a solid concrete floor between the hall and the elevator), this is a great detail.

Doug vV
                      what I remember about 1980's computers is the old trs80's in my high school library.

Comment

Hi,

1) Is there a font set of all the dialing computer glyphs?

2) What glyph is on which QWERTY key?

Thanks.

Doug vV

Comment

Originally posted by edgarcorny View Post
                          Hi,

1) Is there a font set of all the dialing computer glyphs?

2) What glyph is on which QWERTY key?

Thanks.

Doug vV
                          http://www.thescifiworld.net/fonts.htm has downloadable fonts

But now that you mention it as I"m skimming through the glyphs, I can't even ID some of them. The Y looks like an inverted Libra but the rest in the QWERTY don't look like any of the others.
                          http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Glyph

sigpic
                          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Hi,

I hope this comes through. With the StarGate glyphs, I had to change the file to a JPG.

Doug vV

Comment

Hi,

I want to attach the JPG file reply 05 26 2017.jpg to this message. It is 133KB in size. I give up for the night.

If anyone wants the PDF version or a JPG version of my response (which the Stargates Glyphs are removed when a cut and paste text), please let me know.

Doug vV

Comment

Working...
                              X