No announcement yet.

NCIS New Orleans Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really care whether they fire him or keep him on, so long as they do so after an investigation. What irks me most about the recent string of high-profile firings is that so few of the articles about them tell us whether there was an actual investigation (Matt Lauer's is the only one I've read about that I know followed an investigation).

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
      I don't really care whether they fire him or keep him on, so long as they do so after an investigation. What irks me most about the recent string of high-profile firings is that so few of the articles about them tell us whether there was an actual investigation (Matt Lauer's is the only one I've read about that I know followed an investigation).

Seaboe
      It was my impression that Matt Lauer was fired the day after one of his accusers spent a few hours with her attorney and the head of Lauer's show (or maybe it was the head of CBS) to tell her story, and the next day Lauer was fired. There was no investigation before that was there?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        Or maybe CBS will grow a pair and say to the staff he's entitled to his opinion just as much as you are to disagree with him, and if you don't like it find another job.
        In order to create a workplace that is fun to work in, you respect your colleagues and the people you work with. If Kern can't do that, he has no place in that workplace, especially since he's already been investigated twice and send to sensitivity training (which is, in my opinion, stupid at best -- tips don't work with repeat offenders).

Either the people he thinks he can control call him out publicly -- either way, it looks like he doesn't care what they think and continue anyway. Perhaps one of the ladies should kick him where it counts and show him his place.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Making a workplace 'fun' is never going to be a priority for employers.

Comment

My employer begs the difference.

A good work atmosphere, makes for productive employees and less sickdays which benefits the employer.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              It was my impression that Matt Lauer was fired the day after one of his accusers spent a few hours with her attorney and the head of Lauer's show (or maybe it was the head of CBS) to tell her story, and the next day Lauer was fired. There was no investigation before that was there?
              Now I'm thinking I got the wrong name (there have been so many lately). Unfortunately, since the article I read was linked to a discussion on another board, it's not easy to find it again. All of which just reinforces my point.

Firing someone after an internal investigation has more meaning to me than firing someone as a knee-jerk reaction to a public complaint.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                My employer begs the difference.

A good work atmosphere, makes for productive employees and less sickdays which benefits the employer.
                Good work atmosphere and 'fun' are not the same thing.

Comment

One of the definitions of "fun" is "enjoyable". So I would say a good work atmosphere and fun can be the same thing. One of the places I worked in for many years was both enjoyable and fun (a lot of the time, but not always).

Comment

I can guarantee you, for all us at the office it's pretty much synonymous.

Comment

They should. Happy employees work harder and produce more.
                      angry resentful and unhappy employees work less and mess up more....and don’t care if they mess up.

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

I had the micromanaging boss and now have a ‘you know your job, do it and keep me in the loop’ boss. Trust me, we are more relaxed and happy with that than we were with miss ‘you put your coat on too early’

and we all get our jobs done.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Shalita Grant, who plays Sonja Percy on “NCIS: New Orleans,” is leaving the drama, Variety has learned exclusively.

Sources say the departure is amicable and mutually agreed upon between the actress and the producers of the CBS procedural, which is shot in the Crescent City.

Grant recurred as Percy, a former ATF agent recruited to the NCIS unit, in the show’s first season. She was elevated to a series regular for the second, third, and fourth seasons of the program. Grant’s final episode will be the 17th installment of the fourth season, which will air April 3.
                        From here.

Comment

That's no surprise -- she's been missing for more episodes than I can count, and know she's been busy doing other stuff. Will miss her though, really like City Mouse (and Country Mouse).

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
                            Well, darn. I like her character. I wonder who they will get to replace her.

Comment

I will miss her. I’m not a fan of gregorio but liked percy.

oh well. best of luck where she’s going and we’ll see what they recast.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Gregorio grew on me, so LOVE love love her now.

Whomever it is, there will be a transitional period.

Comment

Working...
                                X