• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCIS New Orleans Discussion/Appreciation

Here's the thread to discuss all things NCIS New Orleans
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Perhaps this is one occasion where the reduction to NOLA might not be a good idea
    Just a thought, feel free to delete this comment if you disagree.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Perhaps this is one occasion where the reduction to NOLA might not be a good idea
      Just a thought, feel free to delete this comment if you disagree.
      I agree. It seems to be only Americans that use the term NOLA. The rest of the world just calls the place New Orleans, therefore may not understand what the thread is about whilst glancing the name only.
      After all, the name of the show is NCIS New Orleans.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        I agree. It seems to be only Americans that use the term NOLA. The rest of the world just calls the place New Orleans, therefore may not understand what the thread is about whilst glancing the name only.
        After all, the name of the show is NCIS New Orleans.
        Heck, i know plenty of Americans who don't call it Nola.. They say new orleans..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Heck, i know plenty of Americans who don't call it Nola.. They say new orleans..
          Heck, I was confused by the title as well, I thought Nola was one of the characters in the original NCIS series. I have not watched in quite a while now.

Heck, GF, DoJ & GK, I agree with you. Maybe somebody could have a word with SD and ask her not to use accronyms nobody but the poster understands.
          Then perhaps we could turn our discussions to the intended theme of the thread, NCIS New Orleans.

Just my thoughts
          Last edited by Who Knows; 19 April 2017, 03:15 AM. Reason: 'cos him is a her
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I was actually referring to Nolamom, a GW stalwart who passed last year
            Oh, and SD is a woman
            Methinks I should have kept my trap shut, sorry sky.
            Last edited by Gatefan1976; 18 April 2017, 08:06 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Oh, and SD is a woman.
              Noted & edited, thank you GF
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Sky is not using an acronym that no one but she understands. While it's true that many people only call the city New Orleans (or Nawlins, as a joke), there are plenty of people who know what NOLA stands for--and in fact, I've heard the show called NOLA more often than I've heard it called by its real name.

I do agree that on an international board we may want to re-think the use of NOLA, but I disagree that in choosing it Sky was using an obscure acronym.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

POints taken, however guys, instead of talking about me in the third person someone could have reported a post and asked 'hey, can you change it to new orleans instead of NOLA'?

sigpic

Comment

I have never reported a post in 7 years I have no clue how to do it
                    But, I am happy to see all these posts of mine vanish so people can get their "Pride" on
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought NOLA was a combination of New Orleans and Los Angeles
                      sigpic

Comment

I think "NOLA" means "New Orleans, Louisiana".

Comment

Thanks for changing the name, Sky.
                          sigpic

Comment

As far as I know it is. NO for New Orleans and then LA is the postal abbreviation for Louisiana.

Kinda like Kansas City Missouri is KCMO and Kansas City Kansas is KCK

To get back to the show, I'm getting kinda tired of Pride's obsession with the Mayor and the is he/isn't he crooked.

It's a storyline I wish they would resolve

sigpic

Comment

I agree. Its been going on since the inception of the bloody show.. GET IT RESOLVED already!!

Comment

Working...
                              X