No announcement yet.

The Doctor Falls (3612 / 1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So disappointed with the episode. There was not one single thing in the finale that hasn’t been done before at some point in Moffat’s run, so it was not much more than just a great big showcase of his favorite trops. Oh, remember how Clara died, was brought back from the dead, became immortal and went off exploring the universe with another immortal girl? Seems like it was only yesterday, doesn’t it? Not even going to comment on the fact that the Doctor have already had two fake regenerations earlier this same season.

The only saving grace of the finale was the way The Master and Missy both went out. Although Missy did almost turn good at the end and that was kinda bull****. Still, good scene. Oh, Nardole leaving was pretty sad, especially knowing that he’s going to get murdered by The Cybermen eventually. Shame, really. I have actually grown to like him quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by nostranger View Post
      So disappointed with the episode. There was not one single thing in the finale that hasn’t been done before at some point in Moffat’s run, so it was not much more than just a great big showcase of his favorite trops. Oh, remember how Clara died, was brought back from the dead, became immortal and went off exploring the universe with another immortal girl? Seems like it was only yesterday, doesn’t it? Not even going to comment on the fact that the Doctor have already had two fake regenerations earlier this same season.

The only saving grace of the finale was the way The Master and Missy both went out. Although Missy did almost turn good at the end and that was kinda bull****. Still, good scene. Oh, Nardole leaving was pretty sad, especially knowing that he’s going to get murdered by The Cybermen eventually. Shame, really. I have actually grown to like him quite a bit.

The Master wanted to snog himself.........Missy said that would be very wrong and I don't blame her.

Gross that they even went there.

*Spoilers/Spec for Christmas Special:

Spoiler:
      Clara might be back ugh.......
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 July 2017, 08:50 PM. Reason: Spoiler tag added.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
        If Clara is returning, it better just be a brief cameo like Amy at the end of 11... There's also suggestion that Bill isn't over either - at least, to appear at Xmas...
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Hartnell back where he belongs...

Spoiler:
          I know it's no Rogue One / Cushing, but its the best I could do with my knowledge and tools...

When asked why I do these things, I always answer - because that's what my head said.

PS I really don't like adding that regeneration effect to classic era episodes... (!) But, well, it helped hide my dodgy face-replacement surgery, so there it is.
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            The Master wanted to snog himself.........Missy said that would be very wrong and I don't blame her.

Gross that they even went there.

*Spoilers/Spec for Christmas Special:

Spoiler:
            Clara might be back ugh.......
            The Master is a narcissist, it's not exactly out of form.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Why were the Cybermen in these stories? Some kind of issue with losig the rights to them or something?
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

I've not heard any rights issues... Though, I guess copyright is an interesting possible reason, as with seeing original Daleks in 2013, 50 years or so after they first appeared ... (Though I believe they have 75 years thanks to Disney)
                and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  I've not heard any rights issues... Though, I guess copyright is an interesting possible reason, as with seeing original Daleks in 2013, 50 years or so after they first appeared ... (Though I believe they have 75 years thanks to Disney)
                  Disney????????????????????????

<dalek voice>Please Explain </dalek voice>
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

*lol*

In the USA (and I imagine similar in other parts of the Western world) copyright generally lasts til around 50 years after the death of the author.

In the late 90's in USA this was extended to 75 years, which meant that early Disney work, that was about to become free for anyone to copy and distribute (and profit from), had copyright protection extended. (Disney had been a fierce force behind this move.)

Free Trade deals that were made between the USA and various countries (including Australia, where I live) in the 00's included terms insisting that copyright laws match these changes, so it has become law in other countries too.

Or at least, that's my vague understanding of it all...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyri..._Extension_Act
                    and lots more!

Comment

And when Disney's copyrights on their early material get close to expiration under the 1998 law, you can expect the issue to be revisited and extended again.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        The Master is a narcissist, it's not exactly out of form.
                        Besides... Clara went there with herself.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X