The Doctor Falls (3612 / 1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doctor Falls (3612 / 1012)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 36 (10)
    THE DOCTOR FALLS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3612 (1012)
    The Mondasian Cybermen are on the rise. It’s time for the Doctor’s final battle ... (Radio Times)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

So, the Daily Mail was right about the Christmas Special...

Other than that, a very enjoyable episode! So is Missy dead now? Technically comitting suicide?

Comment

errr wtf. I was hoping it'll be Maisie Williams that saves the Doctor.

What was the Mail right about?
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I was expecting as much, but I still wasnt ready. Its weird since most of the episode did not really hold my interrest that much, but the gist still makes me cry.

I am anxious to see how Doctor Who will continue. I still hope Bill will be back and there is no way a Timelord can be killed as easily as the Master did Missy. As the monks pointed out, death doesnt seem to stick with the Timelords. It would certainly be a difficult new Season with none of the loved Characters returning.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
          What was the Mail right about?
          They ran a story a while ago that the Christmas special would include the 1st Doctor
          http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/a-class...tmas-84125.htm

I dont think thats the end of the Madter, but definately the end of Missy, Michelle Gomez wont be returning

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

I dont think thats the end of the Madter, but definately the end of Missy, Michelle Gomez wont be returning
            Do you need to make my cry-attack worse? XD
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

What an awesome episode. I can't wait until Christmas.

I am curious as to whether This Master really will Regenerate into Missy or not. A part of me would find it far more fitting if there were other Masters or Missys inbetween and this was their actual final end. Nothing is more fitting than them being their own downfall. A shame that we didn't get to see their TARDIS though.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

G'day,

So the snow scene from last week was indeed near Snowcap base from The Tenth Planet... and we're now going to get David Bradley playing the First Doctor for a whole story... Lord, give me alcohol. I cannot stand the man when he plays the Doctor. He was a GREAT William Hartnell... but just godawful Doctor, and it seems they've done nothing to improve matters based on what was shown in this ep.

I did indeed love the Master killing himself - twice! I got the feeling it was probably the last we will see of both versions... though Missy was quite vague about whether she was in fact the next Master... so perhaps that's how they'll bring him/her back again in future.

The story was littered with references to previous stories, not least being based on the Third Doctor's last words - "A tear, Sarah Jane? No - where there's life, there's - "... There was others too that I'll list one day maybe.

Timey Whimey - I quite liked the time paradox/issue that the Doctor was facing in this story - going toward the TARDIS means effectively crawling whilst your enemy behind will have years additional time to get a better position over you. Clever. And we did get an explanation for why the original team sent to the other end of the ship didn't return (the Master), so it all came together... Except - we really better have a 2 second visit to help Nardole in the next story... or else the Doctor is a complete bastard.

There is perhaps only superficial... perhaps not... similarities between this ending, and Clara's departure, and 11's departure... We again see the female companion heading off to explore space with a mysterious female figure (Clara / Ashldr). We again see the Doctor defending a small town/group in an apparently pointless fight (Time of the Doctor). I know there's differences... but... especially water girl's unexpected appearance to save Bill - that was just nuts...

My thoughts for Bill's demise...

a) Early in the ep, Bill notes that no one will feel safe/care about her ever again. My thoughts immediately went to the idea that she would fight hard to save the farm folk, that they would see her as "normal" and love her... and she would stay on with them (or die fighting).

b) When we saw Bill limping up to the Doctor's fallen body, I expected her to pick the Doctor up and carry him to the TARDIS with her last breath. I guess thematically that just wouldn't be acceptable - having the companion die to save the Doctor.
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

Actually, wasnt that trick that Missy pulled with the Master proof the she wont die there? He said that his Tardis was broken and she replied that she now remembers a scary Woman forcing him to always have a replacement part with him and then pulling it out of his jacket. That would only have worked if she was to threaten him at a earlier time, but after the events on that Spacestation.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Loved this one too! Cool ending, if a bit sad. Bill really grew on me... Great tie-ins to the early episodes with the Pilot returning in the end. She could potentially make Bill human again, she said so. The question is, does she want to?
                    sigpic

Comment

I know we never learned much about the Pilot... or "her" abilities... (aside from being able to follow the Doctor/Bill all across Time/Space) But I just felt that her power to save Bill in any which way desired just felt over the top...

Frankly I was shocked that Bill didn't then ask the Pilot to save the Doctor. I mean - she was offering Bill the universe, literally... what's 1 little resurrection?
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      and lots more!

Comment

Part two was great.

But again we have the whole "I don't want to go" routine..... But I didn't mind. I have been thinking about this for a while and regeneration is possibly one of the most traumatic things if you are not prepared for it to happen. It is in essence dying while another person steps in and takes over your life with your memories, but they're not you.

The nano goop girl returns........ If she could have done that at any time why didn't she come sooner and save Bill? Ending was all teary and angsty..... And teary........ But it was good.

I want to see a female Doctor now...... I'm ready.
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Tonight I queued up Tennant's talk in End of Time (1) with Donna's grandpa (Wilf) about regeneration, because my son asked "Why doesn't he want to regenerate?"

DOCTOR: I can still die. If I'm killed before regeneration, then I'm dead. Even then, even if I change, it feels like dying. Everything I am dies. Some new man goes sauntering away, and I'm dead.

Frankly, until I saw that scene, I'd never thought about regeneration as a negative thing. I mean sure, "your" Doctor may be going, but then a new one arrives... Yay... But - to actually look at it from the Doctor's perspective... I loved that RTD gave us this... and 10's last words for me were powerful too, because I know Tennant wanted to play the Doctor his whole life, and at that point, he was my NuWho Doctor... :`}
                          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                            Tonight I queued up Tennant's talk in End of Time (1) with Donna's grandpa (Wilf) about regeneration, because my son asked "Why doesn't he want to regenerate?"

DOCTOR: I can still die. If I'm killed before regeneration, then I'm dead. Even then, even if I change, it feels like dying. Everything I am dies. Some new man goes sauntering away, and I'm dead.

Frankly, until I saw that scene, I'd never thought about regeneration as a negative thing. I mean sure, "your" Doctor may be going, but then a new one arrives... Yay... But - to actually look at it from the Doctor's perspective... I loved that RTD gave us this... and 10's last words for me were powerful too, because I know Tennant wanted to play the Doctor his whole life, and at that point, he was my NuWho Doctor... :`}
                            I always hated that. I mean it made sense considering how vain the Tenth Doctor was. But ultimately each Doctor isn't a new man each time.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I didn't mind it so much this time. Twelve repeated a lot of lines from Other Doctors. I don't really see him as not wanting to regenerate per se, not like Ten... I think he's frustrated because he - more so than any other Doctor - has been struggling to understand who he is as a person. Now that he's finally started to get a handle on his self, I don't think he wants to be plunged into uncertainty again.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X